Sidemount Diver PADI course
The desire for underwater adventure in caves, caverns and cenotes has settled in you?
Mexico has the most concentrated submerged cave system in the world. The Yucatan Peninsula is a gigantic karst plateau with the two longest underground systems in the world (Ox Bel Ha and Sac Actun). It is an ideal place to follow this course because the region offers cave dives of all types and levels with different passages and depths.
This course will allow you to learn the lateral configuration of scuba tanks in order to have more versatility and hydrodynamics. The main idea of this new equipment configuration is precisely to sneak into tight spaces and/or with obstacles.
This course is designed to teach certified divers how to safely utilize sidemounted primary cylinders as an alternative to the traditional back-mounted configuration.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Professional multilingual guide
- TDI certificate
What's excluded :
- Gas matching procedures to include dissimilar volumes
- Gas management utilizing independent cylinders
- Psychological considerations
- Equipment considerations (cylinder options, regulator options, buoyancy compensator, harness options, proper weighting and equipment configurations)
- Communication (hand signals and light signals)
- Problem-solving (gas-sharing, gas hemorrhages, light failure, loss of visibility, entanglement and self-rescue)
- Tight spaces
- Difficult water entries
- S-Drills; specific to sidemount
Departure Point :Plaza Palmeiras, Calle 11 Sur, Ejidal, 77712 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Playa del Carmen
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification Open Water Scuba Diver SDI or equivalent
- Provide proof of a minimum of 25 dives
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.