Siege of Sarajevo/Tunnel of Hope Tour
Nations once united, now at doorstep of 21st century are divided again. Join us and discover what lead to fall of Yugoslavia and Siege of Sarajevo which was considered the longest siege in history of modern warfare. Siege lasted for 1425 days in which, facing Europe's 4th military power, people of Sarajevo managed to survive without food, water, electricity and basic needs.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Sarajevo War Tunnel
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sarajevo War Tunnel, Tuneli 1 Ilidža - Donji Kotorac, Sarajevo 71210 Bosnia and Herzegovina
On this tour you will have the chance to visit the Tunnel of Hope. You will learn how people of Sarajevo and its inhabitants managed to survive the longest siege in the history of modern warfare. The city was for 1425 days without basic life resources and under constant bombardment.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Sniper Alley, Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
"Sniper Alley" was the unofficial name of one of the main street's of Sarajevo. Street became dangerous place for the people of Sarajevo due to the constant sniper fire during the siege.
Stop At: Jewish Cemetery Sarajevo, Gabrielle Moreno Locatelli, Sarajevo 71000 Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Old Jewish cemetery is 500 year old cemetery and it's one of the largest Jewish cemeteries in Europe. Cemetery was established by Sephardic Jews. During the siege of Sarajevo, cemetery was on the front line and it was used as one of the firing positions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sarajevo Olympic Bobsleigh and Luge Track, Apelova Cesta, Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo Olympic Bobsleigh and Luge Track is situated on Trebević mountain overlooking the City of Sarajevo, built for the 1984 Winter Olympics.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Mula Mustafe Bašeskije 65, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Butmir Airport, Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.