Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti Wine Small Group from Montecatini Terme
Enjoy the visit of the most beautiful medieval villages in Tuscany with us: Siena and San Gimignano. Admire the lovely and stunning views driving in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Discover the vibrant local life, the colorful pottery shops and the tallest towers of San Gimignano. Our expert guide in Siena will tell you all the secrets about the famous horse race “Palio” and Campo square. A special guided Chianti wine sampling and the visit of a famous wine estate will be reserved for you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert Tour Leader
- Expert tour Guide in Siena
- Transport by air-conditioned bus or minivan
- Chianti wine sampling
- Bruschetta and Pecorino cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil sampling
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Pubblico e Torre Grossa
- Entry/Admission - Piazza del Campo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palazzo Pubblico e Torre Grossa, Piazza del Duomo, San Gimignano Italy
The first village you will reach is San Gimignano, with old medieval towers to view and vibrant ceramic shops to peruse. You will also have the chance to savour the best gelato of San Gimignano, on the location where the acclaimed “Tea with Mussolini” was filmed. On your free time another suggestion would be to enter and visit the little history museum of San Gimignano, which hosts the true reproduction of the XIV century tower.
In between the two Medieval Villages you will visit a famous wine cellar where the winemaker will introduce you to his products. You will have a guided sampling of the unique Chianti white wine Vernaccia and the Chianti DOCG, paired with delicacies such as bruschettas with and pecorino cheese.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
After the wine sampling we will reach Siena, the wonderful medieval village built among hills. Here our expert guide will lead you on our guided walking tour of the city, passing through the narrow medieval streets until we reach one of the most remarkable medieval squares in Europe, the Piazza del Campo, with its shell-shaped formation, characteristic of the ancient theaters. Siena has also one of the most monumental Cathedrals of Italy. Our guided walking tour ends just in front of it, so you will have plenty of free time to visit it on your own.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Viale Giuseppe Verdi, 51016 Montecatini Terme PT, Italy
Departure Time :8:50 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise at the moment of the confirmation if vegetarian or celiac
- Due to uneven surfaces, we do NOT suggest this tour to people with walking difficulties
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with any walking difficulties
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.