Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni & Chianti
The tour crosses the beautiful Chianti hills, the first town we will visit is San Gimignano, also known as the Medieval Mahanattan for its many towers.
that we will reach the picturesque medieval village located on the top of a hill: Monteriggioni, where you can drink a glass while taking and relax!
Before reaching Siena we will stop in a characteristic winery immersed in the hills where you can relax and enjoy a typical local lunch and taste 3 local wines as well as many other typical products such as olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cantuccini and vinsanto.
The tour continues towards the beautiful Siena, famous for its splendid examples of Gothic architecture and for the Palio
Add to your excursion a guided tour of the Cathedral of Siena and the Piccolomini Library, or if you prefer choose our 'LOW COST' option which does not include a guided tour of Siena (lunch and wine tasting included also in the option ' LOW COST ')
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Comfortable journey with GT Bus and air conditioning
- Tour of Siena with professional guide ( not for Low Cost )
- Expert multilingual escort
- Tasting of 3 Chianti wines and typical products
- Free visit of San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- Possibility to add the guided tour inside the Cathedral of Siena and the Piccolomini Library
What's excluded :
- Pick up service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Gimignano, San Gimignano, Tuscany
Your memorable journey starts with the charming San Gimignano, world famous walled town located on a hilltop, which remained intact through the centuries, renowned for its tall towers, wonderful frescoes and many other valuable works of art: here the tour leader will lead you to the historical center, where you will have around 2 hours of free time for a fascinating discovery.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Monteriggioni, Monteriggioni, Tuscany
A short distance from San Gimignano you will visit the charming historical hamlet of Monteriggioni, an amazing small medieval village enclosed by its famous walls, which remained standing to this day: free time for inside visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chianti Road, Italy
From Monteriggioni, crossing the gently Chianti rolling hills, a short ride will take you to a cozy Winery, where you can relax and enjoy the fantastic world of Chianti with its wine and typical products: tasting of three fine wines, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar followed by a Chianti style lunch: 3 course with “zero food miles” products which ends with "cantucci e vin santo".
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Siena, Siena, Tuscany
Later on, getting to Siena, you will meet your professional local guide ( not for Low Cost option ) who will lead you on a comprehensive guided tour of the historic center, starting from the famous Basilica of San Domenico, a jewel of Renaissance art built in the 13th century and dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena, of which preserves a relic. Then strolling along the narrow medieval streets of the city, flanked by splendid palaces and historic shops, passing through Piazza del Campo, of which the Palazzo Pubblico (Town Hall) is the focal point, you will get to the spectacular Cathedral of the 12th century (inside visit and Piccolomini Library visit if option selected), of which you can admire the magnificent architecture and the splendor of the polychrome marbles.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Sightseeing Experience Visitor Center (tourist assistant), Stazione, atrio biglietterie, Piazza della Stazione, n.1, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Possibility of having a dedicated menu for vegetarians or people with intolerances. We kindly ask you to promptly notify us of any special dietary requirements or intolerances once the purchase has been made by sending us an e-mail
- In order to reserve the seat even for children under 4 years of age, it is necessary to select the free rate "children (0 - 3)" during the purchase phase.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- - Masks are required, please bring your own - To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited - Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.