Sighnaghi city of love Private tour with Wine tasting
Georgia is located in the most favorable zone for the development of viticulture and winemaking. The presence of a huge number of various indigenous varieties of the vine also indicates that Georgia is the center of the formation of wild and cultivated grapes. The wine-making equipment found during excavations in the country, namely stone presses, grapes crushers, various wine vessels belonging to 3–2 millennia BC, confirm that even in those times winemaking was an important branch of the economic activity of the Georgian people.
In the 9th century AD In the ancient Georgian city of Ikalto, one of the world's first educational academies was established, where along with such disciplines as philosophy, Greek and Latin, students studied winemaking as a separate subject
Excursion to one of the most beautiful cities of Georgia- Sighnaghi. From the city opens a view of the Caucasus Mountains and the Alazani valley. Visit the monastery Bodbe.
Wine tasting in the wine cellar in Sighnaghi
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Professional Guide
- Wine Tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sighnaghi Ethnographic Park, Signagi Georgia
One of the most beautiful and ancient cities of Georgia - Signagi is located in eastern Georgia, in the region of Kakheti. This area was inhabited since ancient times, the city was founded only in the XVIII century by order of the king Erekle II th, and was the main center of the region. The city is surrounded by a 2.5 km fortress wall, with 23 towers, each tower bears the name of a neighboring village, where the inhabitants of that village could hide while attacking enemies. From the city opens a beautiful view of the Caucasus Mountains and the Alazani valley.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bodbe Monastery of St. Nino, Signagi Georgia
Near Sighnaghi is the monastery of Bodbe. In Bodbe, you can visit the grave of St. Nino. With the arrival of St. Nino on the territory of Georgia we adopted Christianity as the official religion. Her last years, St. Nino lived in the village of Bodbe, in a small tent on the mountainside, in the church, where she was buried.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.