Sights, Sounds and Snacks of Old Rangoon
This walking tour is not only about seeing the old colonial time buildings but it's a way to feel and understand how the people of Yangon in every day of their lives live. It's also about meeting and greeting people on the street as Myanmar people regardless of whether they are Burmese-Indians, Burmese Muslims or Chinese, Burmese Buddhists or Burmese-Christians everyone is known to be very welcoming. This tour is also about learning what makes Yangon so different to any other South East Asian Countries when it comes to driving systems or the way it works living inside the city. We are ready to unlock all the hidden stories and beauties of Yangon in this tour.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- snacks & tea during the walking tour
What's excluded :
- Personal Expense and Gratuities for tour guides
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Strand Road, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Along this Strand Road the traveler would experience a great sense of old colonial time Yangon as we still have buildings such as Yangon General Post Office, Strand Hotel, Myanmar Port Authority building from the British times still stands today.
Pass By: Myanmar Economic Bank Branch-3, 15-19 Sule Pagoda Road, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
This is where we have a number of banks from the old British Times which some of them even dates back from 1850s. After the country's independence, the names were changed into Myanmar names.
Stop At: Maha Bandula Park Street, Maha Bandula Park St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
This is the only best park in downtown of Yangon where any people once they are in the heart of downtown Yangon make a short break here at the park. Once known as the Victorian Park but after the country's independence it was named as Maha Bandula Park in honor of the great Military Chief Bandula during the first Anglo-Burmese War back in 1824s.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Ruby Mart, Bo Gyoke Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/30/2019 - 10/22/2021
Wednesday - Saturday: 08:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :Bogyoke Aung San Market, Bo Gyoke Rd, Pabedan, Myanmar (Burma)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.