Sightseeing flight over black sands and riverbeds from Skaftafell Terminal
This is one of our most photogenic tours. We fly over the coastline and Skeiðarársandur, a vast plain of black sand and ash covered with numerous small rivulets. It spans the entire range between the glacier and the sea. From there we fly over Skeiðarárjökull, a massive outlet glacier draining south from Iceland´s largest ice cap Vatnajökull.
per adult from
What's included :
- Landing and facility fees
- Local taxes
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Meet your pilot at the private Skaftafell airport in south Iceland, where you will hear about the flight plan for your tour.
Being one of the most photogenic tours, the black sands and riverbeds of Skeiðarársandur might offer you the best photo of your life if you bring a good camera. If you are lucky enough to be on this tour in the right light, you might be able to capture the unique colors of the riverbeds’ as sand, mud and seaweed flush down the river: giving you yellow, red, brown, green and blue as well as several other colors in the glacier rivers. Even if you don't get to see these colors, the riverbeds are unique and beautiful against the black sand. On our way back, your pilot will fly you over Skeiðarárjökull, which is a massive glacier outlet from Vatnajökull, the biggest glacier in Iceland.
As you land back in Skaftafell, you can take time to chat with your pilot about the route you flew and the sights you saw, and to ask any questions you might have.
Departure Point :Skaftafell Terminal - Tour Center, Flugvallarvegur 5, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.