Sightseeing Lovers - Best of Montevideo to Colonia!
The Wine Experience pioneered Wine Tourism in Uruguay and has been Number 1 on Trip Advisor for 10 years running. We have since been creating Cultural & Sightseeing Tours that best promote Uruguay. This tour was specifically designed for small groups of 8 or more persons, so perfect for small groups, families or cruise ship groups. You will get to see beautiful scenery and landscapes on route to Colonia. This experience is really like taking a time machine back to the early 1900's, where you will get to visit a UNESCO World Heritage site, whilst taking in great architecture, culture and history. We always keep in mind that you have travelled from afar to experience something special. Together with our small team, our goal is to make it as personable as possible (like hanging out with a new friend). We see ourselves as ambassadors of this beautiful country and see it as a privilege to show you the best of what's around. We can't wait to meet you and share this experience :)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local Driver/Guide
- Hotel or Port pickup and drop-off
- Private Tour of 8 or more persons
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Number 1 on Trip Advisor for 10 years running
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colonia del Sacramento, Colonia del Sacramento, Colonia Department
Colonia del Sacramento is a city in southwestern Uruguay, across the Río de La Plata from Buenos Aires. It's known for its cobblestoned Barrio Histórico, lined with buildings from its time as a Portuguese settlement. Set above the historic district is the 19th-century Colonia del Sacramento Lighthouse, offering sweeping river views. Nearby lies the Portón de Campo, remnants from the old city walls.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Nueva Helvecia, Nueva Helvecia, Colonia Department
Nueva Helvecia (Spanish for "New Helvetia"; formerly known as Colonia Suiza) is 120 kilometres west of Montevideo, the capital and largest city of Uruguay. It is a few kilometres from the coast where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Río de la Plata and east of Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is known nationwide for its Swiss heritage.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza de toros Real de San Carlos, Rio de la Plata y Av. Nicolas Mihanovich, Colonia del Sacramento 70000 Uruguay
The Real de San Carlos bullring is located in the Real de San Carlos area 5 km from the historic neighborhood of Colonia del Sacramento , capital of the department of Colonia, Uruguay. It is the only plaza that remains in Uruguay and was built in a Mudejar style, very similar to the bullrings in Spain , preserving arches and some details of the circumference . It is a work done by the Argentine architect José Marcovichand the engineer Dupuy. It opened on January 9, 1910 having eight official runs, although there were more than eighty, as they continued to use the space for shows still under the ban bullfights by President Jose Batlle y Ordonez in 1912.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Puerto De Montevideo, 11100 Montevideo, Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We avoid crowds!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.