Silk-Weaving & Organic Farm Expedition From Chennai
On this day trip from Chennai, travel to Kanchipuram and meet the silk weavers of the town. Watch them at work at their silk looms and learn about the art of weaving silk. Also visit an organic farm and learn about biogas production from cow waste. Interact with local farmers and learn more about their natural techniques. Also visit a 6th century temple of the Pallava dynasty.
• Visit to a Silk Weaving Center
• 6th century Kailasanathar temple
• Visit to a dairy farm
• Visit to an organic rice field
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Kanchipuram
What's excluded :
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kanchipuram India
Silk Loom, Kanchipuram (1 hour)
You will be picked up from your hotel in Chennai and driven to Kanchipuram that is situated at a distance of 50 miles from Chennai.
On reaching Kanchipuram visit a silk loom and watch the amazing art of weaving silk from mulberry string.
Kailasanathar Temple, Kanchipuram (1 hour)
Next visit Kailasanathar Temple, the oldest structure in Kanchipuram. The elegantly carved sculptures of Gods and Goddesses on the temple walls are still intact. (phallic symbol of God Shiva) made of black granite.
Dairy Farm, Kanchipuram (1 hour)
Your next stop will be a dairy farm where you will learn how cooking gas is produced from the excrement of dairy animals. After that take a tour of an organic rice field and speak to the farmers to learn more about rice production. Also visit a mango orchard and a flower farm situated on the banks of the River Cheyyar.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in ChennaiAirports
- Chennai Airport, Chennai (Madras) India
- Chennai Port Trust, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. Consider wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.