Staff trained to handle all kinds of situations.
We provide umbrellas to protect from the sun and water to hydrate
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Umbrellas to the Sun
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Canteras de Sillar
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canteras de Sillar, Quebrada de Anashuayco, Arequipa Peru
The first point where we will stop will be the Cantera de Añashuayco; which we will reach in 45 minutes approx. Currently it is in operation, the stonemasons perform their work from very early; in the place we will be able to appreciate an immense canyon with farallones (walls of ignimbrita) that have several meters of height, formed by the extraction for the formation of the Ashlars. At this point we will tell you the history of sillar, the elaboration and the use that has been given to you since always. In this quarry you can see a Mega-carving of the Church of the Society of Jesus made by the stonemasons themselves. We can also visit some of them so that they can explain to us how their daily work is and they can make us experience cutting one of their stone blocks ourselves.Then we will move to the Quebrada de Culebrillas, which is 30 minutes away from Añashuayco. Arriving at this point we will make a walk of approximately 20 minutes inside the small canyon formed by the passage of water, which has walls of 15 to 20 meters, while we enter it the walls of the canyon are increasing in height. At the end of the walk we can see petroglyphs made by the Wari culture more than a thousand years ago. Before returning to the city we will observe the Apachetas which are stone formations placed one on top of the other that are a symbol of gratitude towards nature and also attraction of good luck which cause a mystical sensation.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Calle Moral 229a, Arequipa 04001, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up them according to the hotel where they are staying.
Departure Time :6/16/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday: 08:30 AM - 01:00 PM Tuesday: 08:30 AM - 01:00 PM Wednesday: 08:30 AM - 01:00 PM Thursday: 08:30 AM - 01:00 PM Friday: 08:30 AM - 01:00 PM Saturday: 08:30 AM - 01:00 PM Sunday: 08:30 AM - 01:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.