Silver Circle & West Iceland. Private Day Tour
The Silver Circle tour is a slightly less famous route than the spectacular Golden Circle, however not less interesting. On it you will see Deildartunguhver hot springs, providing hot water for several towns; the Krauma baths, ideal for a relaxing soak in beautiful surroundings; visit Hraunfossar and the Barnafoss waterfalls, spectacular and unique cascading places of genuine natural beauty, before we finally visit Reykholt, the home of the legendary Icelandic scholar and politician, Snorri Sturluson. This means that the Silver Circle tour has many amazing sights that cater to every taste, providing off-the-beaten-track memories.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup & drop off at your hotel in Reykjavik
- Private tour for your party only
- Driver-guide services during a tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to the Krauma SPA
- Entry/Admission - Krauma
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fossatun Camping Pods, Iceland
Along the way, we will stop at Fossatun. Here you can find Trollagardurinn or the Trolls’ Park which was created by the owners as a recreation for the guests at Fossatun. Some of the trolls in the Trolls’ Park are quite scary looking. One of them is Gryla, who is the mother of the Icelandic Yule Lads. Having a stroll among the trolls is a very unique experience.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hraunfossar Lava Waterfall, Borgarfjörður, Hraunfossar Iceland
Hraunfossar (Lava Waterfalls) emerge from underground lava tubes from beneath the Hallmundarhraun lava field. It is right next to Barnafoss, a waterfall that comes from a regular river.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Deildartunguhver Thermal Spring, Road 50, Reykholt Iceland
Deildartunguhver, the largest hot spring in Europe and probably the most voluminous natural hot spring in the world.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Krauma, Deildartunguhver West Region Iceland, Reykholt 320 Iceland
Krauma Spa (entrance fee is optional), renovated in November 2017, so it is very new and modern. Experience nature from its core by bathing in the geothermal baths at Krauma. The hot water used in Krauma spa originates in Europe’s most powerful hot spring Deildartunguhver, at a temperature of 100°C (212°F). To achieve the perfect bathing temperature we mix the hot water with cold water from Rauðsgil, which originates in the glacier Ok, the smallest glacier in Iceland.
Krauma offers five relaxing natural geothermal baths, a cold tub to get your blood circulation going, two calming saunas, and a relaxation room where you can rest by the fireplace while listening to soothing music.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Time for pickup can be changed upon request to the convenient for you time. Pickup and drop off outside of Reykjavik are available at additional cost.Airports
- Keflavik Intl Airport, 235 Keflavikurflugvollur Iceland
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport, Reykjavik Iceland
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow official requirements from the Icelandic Directorate of Health. Detailed information can be found at the website: https://www.covid.is/english
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.