Silverswift Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Cairns
View the colorful underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef on this full-day trip from Cairns. Whether you are a snorkeler or a scuba diver, experienced or a novice, this snorkel and dive cruise from Cairns is the perfect day out on the Great Barrier Reef. Visiting three different dive sites you'll discover the abundant marine life and diversity of coral which the Great Barrier Reef is world-famous for.
per adult from
What's included :
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Professional guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Use of dive equipment (if option selected)
- Snorkel tour with reef guide
- Use of Prescription masks
- Choice of snorkeling, introductory or certified diving (option selected at time of booking)
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
- Entry/Admission - Silverswift Dive & Snorkel
What's excluded :
- Wet suit hire for snorkelers (approximately AUD $12.00)
- Optional activities (if options not selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Silverswift Dive & Snorkel, 1 Spence St Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Snorkel or dive at some of the best known dive sites off Cairns such as Flynn, Milln and Thetford reefs for their abundance of marine life. The sites offer excellent wall dives, swim-throughs and overhangs, great for both novice and experienced divers. you can expect to see an abundance of fish species, hard corals such as staghorn, table, plate and boulder coral, and many species of soft corals.
Your day begins as you board the boat at Marlin Wharf. The ultra modern 29 meter catamaran will be your base for the day. Throughout the day you'll visit three different locations which may include Thetford, Milln and Flynn Reef. Each stop showcases a different aspect of the beautiful Great Barrier Reef. At each site you have the choice to snorkel, dive or a combination of both.
If you have never tried scuba diving you can choose to do one or two introductory dives, or you may prefer to stick to snorkeling and explore all three sites from the surface. A crew member will take those interested on a guided snorkel tour at one of the reef locations. Certified divers can choose to partake in up to three certified dives. Whatever you choose, your Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise includes up to five hours in the water.
The friendly crew will be happy to answer any questions you have throughout the day. The boat features full bar facilities, fresh water showers and expansive sun-decks overlooking the Coral Sea. A tropical buffet lunch will be served between sites, along with morning and afternoon tea.
We recommend you book this reef trip on your first full available day. You then have the opportunity to be flexible and change your travel date if you wish. Your booking can be changed at no additional cost directly with the operator once you are in Cairns. Prebook and secure your booking, but relax in knowing you can make amendments at no charge.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :1 Spence St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years however some people may require a doctor’s certificate
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- After a single scuba dive a wait of 12 hours is recommended before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. If doing multiple dives an interval of 24 hours is suggested.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.