Silves & Wine Tour (Castle, Museum, Wineries, Gastronomy) Full day!
This tour will take place in Silves. On this route you will have the opportunity to visit the historical center of this ancient town, as well as visit the Castle and the archaeological museum. You will also visit two locals wineries and have a wines tasting sessions
(Tastings and Lunch included.)
Full day - 6-7 hours
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Algarve Views, Lda, Rua Serpa Pinto N0 20-A 30, Silves 8300-183 Portugal
Our tour will start in Silves, the ancient capital of the Arab Kingdom in Algarve. We will start by visiting the Silves Castle, The biggest castle in the Algarve and the finest military monument from the Islamic period in Portugal. After visiting the Castle we will continue by walking through the historic streets to the Archaeological Museum, With its back to a section of the city walls, this building contains a cistern-well of Islamic origin (11th century).After, we will stop at the Café Da Rosa, a fortieth pasty to taste a regional sweet. Than we will continue our walk towards to the Arade river, passing through the Municipal Market. Already by the river we will follow our tour by private transport to the Convento do Paraíso, where we will take a guided tour by the resident wine maker, finish with a 3 wine tasting. It is lunch time, we will go to one of the most characteristic and traditional restaurants of the county. Here you will taste the authentic local gastronomy, accompanied by the excellent wines produced in the region. After lunch we will visit a organic wine production farmer, we will be welcomed by the owners, who will invite us to visit their farm, their organic products and even get to know the farm animals. We finish with 3 organic wines, accompanied with typical snacks.We finished our tour at the starting point. I Hope you enjoy it!
Departure Point :Silves - Tourist office by the river "Arade"
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.