Silves and Monchique Half Day Bus Tour
Visit the towns of Silves and Monchique and discover Moorish history, elegant architecture and stunning Algarve scenery! With a friendly local guide at your side, explore the town of Silves and visit on your own its star attraction, the impressive Castle of Silves. After admiring the fortress, ogle the views from Fóia, the tallest mountain in the Algarve, standing 902 meters above sea level. If the day is bright, take the change to see the entire coast line and the ocean. Here you will also have free time for shopping the local handicraft and try a typical liquor.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up & drop-off: If pick up at your hotel is not available a near location will be provided
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional Multilingual Guided tour to Silves, Monchique & Foia.
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Silves
- Entry/Admission - Silves Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelo de Silves, Rua do Castelo, Silves 8300-144 Portugal
Start your excursion with a hotel pickup, and then travel north to the ancient town of Silves, your first stop of the day. Home to a magnificent Moorish castle surrounded by terracotta-roofed houses, the town has history and pretty scenery in equal measures.
With its lofty hill-top location, the town was a strategically important stronghold for the Moors after their invasion in the 8th century. Wealth flowed into Silves during its Moorish Middle Age heyday only to be wiped out after a century of power struggles and a devastating earthquake. Much of today’s stately architecture originates from the 19th century when Silves came back into prominence.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Silves Cathedral, Town Centre, Silves Portugal
Admire the architecture and sights such as Silves Cathedral as you wander through the streets that lead to Silves Castle. Pay your entrance fee direct, and then head inside the impressive fortress to explore. Restored in the 1940s, the castle is thought to date as far back as the 11th century and features such as its central vaults have been beautifully preserved. Admire views over the town and the Algarve from the castle walls, and then return to your coach with your guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Foia, Serra de Monchique, Monchique Portugal
In Monchique mountains we will go till Fóia, the highest point in the Algarve, with free time to take pictures, visit a local shop with handcrafted articles and an opportunity to taste one of the typical liqueurs of the region.
Admire the views from Fóia, the 2,959-foot (902-meter) mountain that towers over the whole Algarve. Soak up the views from the highest point in Algarve, and then return to your coach for the journey back to your hotel.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located hotels in Quarteira, Vilamoura, Albufeira, Armação de Pera, Carvoeiro, Lagoa, Portimão, Vau and Alvor.Pick up details will be sent to you by email within 24 hours after receiving the booking. Kindly make sure you have inserted the hotel name or accommodation address on your booking.If your hotel is not available for pick up we will provide a near meeting point.The pick up time will depend on guest's hotel location in Algarve.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.