Simien Mountains 3 Day Trekking tours
because we give An unforgettable trek through the remote splendor of the magnificent Simien region.Often compared for its scenic beauty to the Grand Canyon, the Simien Mountains National Park is one of the major highlands of Africa. Its peaks include Ras Dashen, which at 4533m is the highest peak in Ethiopia.The Park is a World Heritage Site, and is rich with wildlifetotally unique to the region, including the scarlet-chestedGelada Baboon, the waliya Ibex and the Simien Fox. The mountains are also home to diverse plant-life and over fifty species of bird.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Use of Trikke
- 4WD transportation to and fromGonder • guide • scout• mule(s) & mule handler• tent • sleeping bags & mattresses • Tables & chairs on the mountain trek • all park entrance fees •Camping fire .
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- professional cooker
What's excluded :
- except including
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Debark, Debark, Amhara Region
Day 01 - Gondar to Sankaber:
You will depart early morning from Gondar to Debark. In debark you will arrange your visit with the park office and receive a scout and guide then drive into the park to arrive at Sankaber. You can either drive all the way in to Sankaber or have the car drop you off near BuyitRas for a short hike. If you choose to hike in you will take in beautiful views of the landscape and the endless mountain ridges, and you likely see some gelada baboons. When you arrive in Sankaber you will be met with your supplies. Sankaber will be the first campsite on your trip.
Stop At: Sankabar, Ethiopia
From Sankaber you will begin hiking following the ridge and look out over the foothills 800m down. From the ridge you will descend down into the valley and be able to view the Jinbar River plunging into the Geech Abyss. After some time at the waterfall you will continue on to Geech village where you will find your second campsite.
Stop At: Gonder, Gonder, Amhara Region
Today's hike will average about 6-7 hours. Many hikers agree that the route from Geech to Ambaras is the most magnificent hike the simiens have to offer. In route you will pass through ImetGogo. Here you will have reached an altitude of 3,926m and be able to look out at the amazing landscape from 360 degrees. At this height and view point you can see the canyone below, distant ridges, and view the seemingly never ending valleys. Here you will break for lunch and hike the rest of the way to Ambaras where you will be met by a car to bring you back to Debark/Gondar.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
please provide your pickup point when you book a tour Airports
- Bahir Dar Airport, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.