Sip of Burlington Brew Tour
Learn about Burlington Vermont’s thriving brewpub scene and taste up to 12 types of beer on these guided brewery tours with lunch or dinner. Get an inside look at how beer is made and chat with brewery owners about their operations. Visit a number of craft brewpubs to explore artisan beers and Vermont's rich history and culture. Round-trip transportation by bus is included.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Beer tasting
- Round trip transportation
- A gratuity is included in the ticket price for groups of 4 or more. No need to tip.
- Snacks - Beer Flavored pretzel Snack
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Burlington Brew Tours, Church St, Burlington, VT 05401
We pick you up at 115 Cherry St across from Ben & Jerry's. Then we will take you to 3 awesome locations including some of the following:
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Vermont Pub and Brewery, 144 College St, Burlington, VT 05401-8416
Founded by Greg Noonan in 1988, Vermont Pub and Brewery (known by the locals as simply VPB) is the third oldest brewpub on the East Coast. That’s not his only claim, Greg Noonan literally wrote the book on craft beer and lobbied on behalf of brewpubs for more of them to open; so, you can basically thank him for having access to so many tasty beers around the east coast. His book, “Brewing Lager Beer” is regarded as the most comprehensive home/micro-brewing reference, and he even invented his own style of beer, Black IPA! (Yeah, he’s our hero, too.) VPB has been honored as one of the nation’s 25 best craft breweries by the book, “America’s Best Brews,” and is known throughout Vermont for its unfiltered, unpasteurized and unadulterated brews, which give them a non-uniform, unparalleled taste. Anyone who wants to witness one of the birthplaces of american craft beer should visit V
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Switchback Brewing, 160 Flynn Ave, Burlington, VT 05401-5400
Switchback Brewing Company was founded in 2002 by a formally trained master brewer (Bill Cherry) and man’s best friend (his dog). The vision was to focus their limited resources into making just a few beers to achieve the highest quality possible. (You remember what your mom taught you, right? Do one thing and do it well.) The resounding success of their flagship beer, Switchback Ale, which was the only ale they made for the first ten years – and is the #1 beer by draft in all of Vermont – set a course for continual expansion over the next seven years and made the release of three Special beers, Roasted Red Ale, Porter, and Slow-Fermented Brown Ale possible. Now, Switchback is doing many things well and their premium craft beers are currently distributed in Vermont, New Hampshire and in the upstate area of Albany, New York. Our tour will show you the meticulous concentration that went into brewing a world class craft ale as we guide you through the facility and meet one of Switchback’s many knowledgeable brewers.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Queen City Brewery, 703B Pine St, Burlington, VT 05401-4921
Founded in 2014 by long-time friends and brewers Paul Hale, Paul Held, Phil Kaszuba, and Maarten van Ryckevorsel, Queen City Brewery brews a variety of traditional ales and lagers, as well as several unique specialty beers with a focus on giving the customer a unique experience with unexpected notes in their beers that they’ve aged and fermented to produce complex flavors unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. (So yeah, we’re pretty much changing your life by bringing you here. No need to thank us.) On our tour, you’ll see why this foursome rose to frothy success as you sip your way through their suds, including a rare style they brew call ‘Steinbeer’ that’s brewed with hot rocks. The process grants less temperature control to the brewer and imparts a smoky, caramel flavor. Yep, we’ll say it again: life-changing.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Zero Gravity Craft Brewery, 716 Pine St, Burlington, VT 05401-4922
Founded in 2004, Zero Gravity Brewing was born inside a restaurant that Flatbread head brewer, Destiny Saxon, and Zero Gravity brewmaster, Paul Sayler, created called American Flatbread Burlington Hearth. For years, they brewed exclusively out of the brewpub location, but as their popularity and demand grew, in 2012, they began distributing Zero Gravity for off-premise sales, and two years later, they had fully maxed out the production at the Flatbread Brewpub. Forced to find more space, they moved operations to a beautiful 30-barrel facility in Burlington’s South End Arts District, and in the spring of 2015, the Pine Street Brewery was born.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :115 Cherry St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please enter contact phone number in special fields, with country code, so we may contact you with any updates on the day of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.