Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums Small-Group Tour
Accompany us on this exceptional journey in a small group and enter to the astoundingly beautiful Vatican City, home to some of the most famous collections of art & architecture in the world.
Be lead by your professional guide who will bring to life the fantastic art, history and architecture housed within the walls of this beautiful city's 7 km of galleries, chapels and rooms.
On your tour you will beat the crowd skipping the long ticket lines and join us on a an emotional experience through the incredible collections of the Vatican Museums and then move on to the Sistine Chapel and see Michelangelo painted ceiling described in detail by your professional tour guide in a small semi-private experience.
After this you will be escorted in St. Peters Basilica from a priority access to explore it at your own leisure.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Vatican Museums Skip-the-line Entrance Tickets
- Professional, English speaking guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Priority access to St.Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
You will meet your guide at our office.
The office is just 200 m (660 ft) from Vatican Museum main entrance.
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The 110 acres that comprise the Vatican City are home to some of the most famous tourist destinations in the world. The global centre of the Catholic religion attracts millions of fervent religious supporters and interested visitors each year. As you pass the famed Pontifical Swiss Guard, the Pope’s security force since 1505, you’ll enter perhaps the most recognizable plaza in the Western world: St. Peter’s Square.
Given the Vatican’s importance as a religious and historical destination, it’s no surprise that it is consistently brimming with tourists. Attractions like the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel regularly have long lines for entrance, and papal addresses are heard by thousands of people beneath the window of the Apostolic Palace.
Throughout history, wealthy and famous visitors have presented the Popes with some of the most important works of art in Western history. These include multiple sculpture museums with special galleries dedicated to statues, busts, and masks. Even more impressive is the collection of paintings with works by Da Vinci, Bellini, Titian, and a suite of rooms dedicated to the frescoes of Raphael.
Thoroughly educated in the history of these masterpieces, our guides will take you on an intimate tour of the Vatican Museums, leading you directly to the most consequential works and offering valuable information along the way.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel has drawn admirers from around the world for over five hundred years, ever since the completion of Michelangelo’s great Sistine Chapel ceiling. The magnificent frescoes that make up Michelangelo’s famous ceiling include The Creation of Adam, an iconic depiction of a Biblical scene; only Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa matches its artistic significance. To be admired in silence, the Sistine Chapel provokes awe amongst its visitors with breath-taking art and architecture in all directions. In order to prepare you for the grandeur of the Chapel’s interior, our guides will offer a helpful history of the art inside and provide orientation to better direct your exploration.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After this you will be escorted, through a priority entrance, in St. Peters Basilica, the greatest piece of Renaissance architecture as well as being the largest church in the world, to explore at your own leisure.
When it comes to visiting the historic sites of the Vatican, it’s worth it to pay for a premium tour experience. Our Ultimate Semi-Private Vatican & Sistine chapel tour paves the way for you to visit the Vatican Museums, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Sistine Chapel in all its beauty.
Departure Point :Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.