Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts
Ever dreamed of gazing at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the peace and quiet of early morning? This exclusive Vatican Partner tour allows you to be one of the select few to enter the Vatican 30 minutes ahead of other tour groups and a full hour and 30 minutes before the general public. After you’ve marveled at the Sistine Chapel, you’ll also explore St. Peter’s Basilica and the rarely-seen Vatican Crypts, all with a guide by your side to give you the history of these incredible attractions.
per adult from
What's included :
- Access to the Vatican Museums 15 minutes before other tour operators and 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Skip the line to St Peter Basilica
- Visit to the Crypts beneath the Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Necropolis
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Be one of the first to enter the Vatican Museums in the early morning, skipping the line that forms before the doors are even open and going directly to the crown jewel of the Vatican. With an expert guide leading the way, you’ll navigate the Museums to a nearly empty Sistine Chapel, taking in the incredible artwork without the notorious crowds that fill the space during regular opening hours.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After you’ve had time to admire this breathtaking site, you’ll head through a special door – not open to the general public – directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, avoiding another long line outside. The sheer size of St. Peter’s, the largest ancient basilica in the world, will take your breath away. Here you can visit Michelangelo’s sculpture ‘La Pietà’ and Bernini’s altar, a monumental structure of twisted wood and bronze, recycled from the Pantheon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Necropolis, Piazza San Pietro Beneath St. Peter’s Basilica, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The last leg of the tour takes you below the beautiful Basilica to the Vatican Crypt – not covered on regular Vatican tours. The most important Popes in Church history are buried here.
Finally, your guide will lead you back outside to St. Peter’s Square, where you can appreciate the mastery of Bernini, one of Rome’s greatest architects and artists.
With an expert, English-speaking guide leading you all the way, you’ll beat the crowds and see the very best of the Vatican in one unforgettable morning.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:20 AM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This service ends at St. Peter's Square at around 9:30 AM.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area. The group will not be able to wait for those who need to check their baggage.
- This tour goes straight to the Sistine Chapel with no bathroom or water break to give you as much time as possible in the chapel. Please plan accordingly.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Guided visits inside Saint Peter’s Basilica are not permitted in the early morning due to mass being held. Instead your guide will deliver a full commentary from the Basilica porch. From there, you will be free to enjoy the artworks within the Basilica at your own pace, meeting your guide after the visit.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we're happy to offer customers an extended tour of the Vatican Museums.
- The Basilica Crypts are subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. In this case, the guide will endeavor to inform the tour group of when the crypts will be accessible and clients who wish to spend more time in the Basilica to wait for the crypt to reopen are welcome to do so. In this case, the tour will conclude on the Basilica porch overlooking St. Peter’s square.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.