Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museum and Basilica Small Group Tour
Breeze into the Sistine Chapel and discover the best of the Vatican City in a 3 hour tour of the Museum & St.Peter’s Basilica. Skip all the lines and be guided through the largest collection of art in the Western Hemisphere. Your professional English speaking guide will walk you through the Sistine Chapel, Gallery of Papal Carriages, Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Pinacoteca. The last part of the tour brings you into St. Peter’s Basilica, which is so grand it could be one of the wonders of the world. Be prepared to be amazed by the grandeur and splendor of man's creation.
per adult from
What's included :
- Visit the Sistine Chapel first
- Professional English speaking guide with a clear diction
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Start your tour at the renowned Vatican Museums. Aside from being the home of the Pope, Vatican city is also home to the Vatican Museums, the world’s largest collection of art with 9 miles of art that could wrap around the Vatican walls 4 ½ times! It contains 54 museums, 1400 rooms, chapels, and galleries. Aside from the renowned Sistine Chapel, the museums also display the only work of Leonardo Da Vinci in Rome, St. Jerome, the Raphael Rooms, and the Pinoteca, which contains collections of the Popes, all dating back to the middle ages and are set in chronological order.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Michaelangelo’s Sistine Chapel is possibly the most well known masterpiece in modern day, with over 5 million visitors per year. It was a project the artist took on reluctantly because his focus was sculptures, and he would complain about the physical toll it took on his body. It is said that the design of the chapel from Pope Sixtus IV, is modeled after Solomon’s temple from the Old Testament, measuring at just larger than a professional basketball court! There are many more frescoes to admire here from other artists, including: Domenico Ghirlandaio, Pietro Perugino, Cosimo Roselli and Sandro Botticelli.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will head through a secret entry into our last stop on the tour, St. Peter's Basilica: the largest basilica in the world, with markings inside the church to ensure every other basilica would fit inside. The curious visitor is treated to Michelangelo’s Pieta at the front, 150 mosaics, and Bernini’s baldacchino, which stands at 96 feet tall and 100,000 pounds of bronze! Surprisingly, there is only one actual painting in the basilica, and it can be spotted hanging above the Pieta. Many popes are buried in the church or are on display, but most of the popes are buried underneath the basilica including St. Peter, the first pope.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via Leone IV, 29, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The itinerary is not wheelchair accessible unless the person in the chair can stand up, climb and descend a few stairs.
- The tour itinerary is 2.3 km long on hard marble. Hence wear comfortable sneakers or shoes with orthopedic inner soles.
- Please bring a bottle of water per person.
- If it is raining carry umbrellas that are compact and can be folded and not ones that have sharp pokey end. The long one give by your hotels will have to be checked into the cloakroom of the museum and involves a 1 km walk to get it back again.
- Carry medium size back packs as large ones will be checked into the cloak room and involves a long walk to get them back.
- The following items along with the bags will have to be checked into the cloak room: glass bottles of any kind, swiss knives, wine openers, large tripods and large bags.
- Photography is permitted in most rooms but without flash. It is prohibited to photograph inside the Sistine Chapel.
- The tour ends in front on the Basilica. You can spend more time inside the Basilica but you cannot go back to the Sistine Chapel nor the Museum.
- You can also chose to climb the dome on your own, for a separate fee.
- On Wednesdays the Basilica is closed until noon due to the Papal Audience.
- On extraordinary cases the Basilica can be closed without notice. This is out of our hands, but will give you an extended tour of the museum and description of the Basilica. Refund will not be offered due to the closure of the church.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.