Sitka Shore Excursion: Sitka Bears, Raptor Center, and Totem Park Tour
This shore excursion is one of the most popular in it shows the best of Sitka, the former "Russian" capital city of Alaska. It includes a wildlife tour through the Alaska Raptor Center, a visit to the Sitka National Historical Park, and a stop at the Fortress of the Bears.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Fortress of the bears
- Raptor Centre
- Totem Park Tour
- Entry/Admission - Sitka National Historic Park/Totem Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sitka, Sitka, Alaska
Sitka's Bald Eagle Center operates with bird care professionals assisted by volunteers to rescue birds, provide them with rehabilitative care and hopefully release them back into the wild. After your introduction to the center, a presentation with one of the Center's educational birds will take place. Time will be available to view the flight center, clinic window, outside deck habitat areas and gift shop.
Stop At: Sitka National Historic Park/Totem Park, 103 Monastery St, Sitka, AK 99835-7617
Next, you'll visit the Sitka National Historical Park, where the 1804 "Battle of Alaska", was fought. The park hosts totem lined trails, cultural exhibits and carving rooms where native Alaskan artisans demonstrate their totemic art form. Walk the nature trail, view cultural exhibits and video presentation, or talk with local native artists about their cultural art form.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Sitka, Sitka, Alaska
The final stop is visiting the Fortress of the Bears, which allows you get within 25 feet of Alaska's brown bears in a naturalized setting. You will enjoy observing 3 populations of bears from a covered viewing platform and interact with an experienced naturalist. After the bear tour, you may disembark on the main street to shop or be returned directly to the tender pier.
• 1 hour guided roundtrip narration via bus
• 20 minutes at Fortress of the Bears
• 1 hour at the Raptor Center
• 1 hour at the Sitka National Historical Park
• 30 minute visit at St. Michael's Cathedral
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Sitka Cruise Port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2021 - 5/30/2021
5/31/2021 - 10/2/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
1/1/2022 - 5/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- A camera is advised to take with you
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.