Skaftafell Blue Ice Winter Wonderland - 5-Hour Expedition
Prepare yourself for an unforgettable and frozen adventure from Skaftafell National Park. This is the perfect opportunity for those who want to experience a long hiking adventure on Falljökull, "The Falling Glacier", part of Vantajökull, Europe's largest glacier. We will use different techniques to explore far into the glacier to make sure you let the ice fall amaze you and the breathtaking scenery leave you speechless.
per adult from
What's included :
- All activities
- Professional guide
- All safety gear for glacier hike
What's excluded :
- Hiking shoes (available for rent with your guide)
- Hats & Gloves
After a short ride on the famous “Tröll Bus”, you’ll immerse yourself in the glacier and begin a short hike to the ice cap. Once there, your guide will explain how to get geared up and what the safest practices to walk on a glacial surface. Once you have your crampons and all necessary equipment on it’s time to take to the ice and begin the adventure.
As you get into the glacier outlet, the majestic features of the natural world amaze you. Falljökull is a glacial tongue from Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier. The icefall in the area is unique on earth and the further you get, the more it will blow your mind. The out-worldly scenery is comprised the ice formations in the area: deep crevasses, pale moulins, and even ice sculptures.
The further we continue exploring, the more the beautiful it gets. Since we’re going to be so high up, we will be able to observe panoramas over Skaftafell National Park, that has gained fame in the last years for being the location for many films and shows. During your expedition, your glacier guide will let you know how glaciers are formed and what are the dangers. You will also learn about the consequences of global warming and their future.
• Skaftafell, Skaftafell, Vatnajokull National Park, East Region
Departure Point :Skaftafell Terminal - Tour Center, Flugvallarvegur 5, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress according to weather
- Good to have energy snacks
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.