Skagway Shore Excursion: Jewell Gardens Tour and Glassblowing Demonstration
While you’re in port in Skagway, visit a local glassblowing studio, Jewell Gardens, for a glassblowing demonstration and tour. Glass isn’t the only focus, though; Jewell Gardens also boasts an organic vegetable and flower garden, which often gives inspiration to the artists.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy
- When you get off your cruise ship in Skagway, make your own way to Jewell Gardens, located just outside the northeastern edge of Skagway. It’s a 2-mile (3-km) walk or bike ride from the port, or take the Skagway city transit.
If you’re an art lover, a gardening aficionado or just have an admiration of pretty things, you’ll be delighted by Jewell Gardens’ creative atmosphere, where natural and manmade beauty meet. Your tour begins in the garden, the first certified-organic show garden in the United States. Stroll around the garden, admiring the growing vegetables and blooming flowers. Depending on the season, see blooms like tulips, lilacs and giant delphiniums.
Then, head to the garden railway, where a model of the White Pass & Yukon Route travels through a miniature version of Skagway 100 years ago and then winds around mountains, through forests and tunnels, and past a waterfall, a tent city and a gold mine.
Next, continue to the glass portion of your tour at the Garden City Glassworks Theater. The glass artists will explain the process of glassblowing before they demonstrate. Watch in wonder as they expertly create colorful pieces of artwork from molten glass, and learn about the inspiration behind this tour — famous Northwest glass artist Dale Chihuly.
Take a guided tour of the glass gallery to see more pieces of hand-blown glass, and then end your tour with free time to wander more of the gardens and shop for souvenirs in the gift shop. Beer and wine will be available for purchase at your own expense.
This excursion is located approximately 2 miles (3 km) from the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Skagway. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Departure Point :Jewell Gardens, Skagway
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply; there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.