Ski Trekking under the Northern Lights
Explore the untouched breathtaking scenery of Lapland on backcountry skis, and leave your own track in the deep snow where no-one has been before you! This evening tour is a good alternative for those who want to catch the Northern Lights and have a sense for adventure. The tour will be running in any weather conditions ; even though there is a lower chance to see auroras, you will still enjoy a great skiing experience into the wilderness!
Sticking to our philosophy, all our tours and activities are limited to small groups (8 guests/tour max) in order to get the best and most memorable experience of Lapland. We refuse mass tourism, and you will never end up in big groups -even in peak season!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Winter Clothing
- Ski gears
- Winter Boots
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
There is no better way to explore untouched parts of the Arctic nature than backcountry skiing! As your professional guide will take you away from Rovaniemi, straight into nature, you will get the chance to explore some of the breathtaking scenery of Lapland using backcountry skis and leave your own track in the deep snow where no-one has been before you! The tour is designed to get a good chance to observe Northern Lights if they appear; your guide will take you up a hill or across swamps, looking for nice viewpoints toward north, where the auroras are coming.
Backcountry skiing is a great way to explore remote areas covered in deep snow. Unlike skiing practiced on groomed trails, backcountry skiing allows you for a more adventurous trip through hilly terrains, forests and lakes.
Your guide will choose a location that best fits the level of the group. They will provide you with safety instructions and teach you some basic techniques how to use the skis. Refreshments and a typical Finnish snack will be provided around the fire.
This ski tour lasts 3 hours, including transportation from/to Rovaniemi, barbecue snack and the skiing time (around 1h - 1h30 depending on your level).
• Lapland, Lapland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence prior to the start time. We will inform you about your pick-up time at least one day before the activity.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.