Skip-the-line All Inclusive Private Vatican Sistine Chapel Tour & Hotel Pick up
Discover the wonders that the Vatican City has to offer on this three hour private tour, led by an expert guide. As pre-booked tickets are included on this tour, you won’t have to spend time queuing before visiting the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Basilica, and more. Your guide will discuss the history of these iconic locations and give you insights into some of the masterpieces in the Vatican’s collections.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Historian local guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
What's excluded :
- hotel drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your guide will meet you at the entrance to the museums and with pre-booked tickets you’ll avoid the queues and the tour will begin immediately; visiting the Belvedere Courtyard, the Pio-Clementino Museum and the large collection of Ancient Roman and Greek statues.
You will then enter the Gallery of Tapestries followed by the Gallery of Maps; a priceless collection of Renaissance maps, and one of the most important in the world.. In the Sobiesky Room you will see one of the largest paintings in the Vatican collection, as well as view some stunning frescoes in the room of the Immaculate Conception.
A must see on any Vatican tour is Raphael’s Rooms. Raphael decorated these rooms for Pope Julius II, and they contain some of the artist’s greatest works, the Parnassus and The School of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
As talking is forbidden in the Sistine Chapel, before you enter your guide will discuss the masterpieces you will see inside, including the renowned frescoes by Michelangelo, Botticelli and others on the walls and ceiling. Your guide will also share anecdotes about the chapel, which is used today for the papal election – Conclave.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
from the tour will then move on from the chapel to the vast Saint Peter’s Basilica where you’ll be able to see Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini’s Baldacchino, along with many other artistic works celebrating the lives of Popes and Saints.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Finally you will exit the Basilica into the wide expanse of Saint Peter’s Square, where the tour will end. Here you can see the exterior of the papal palace as well as glimpse the colourful Swiss Guards.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please leave your hotel name and if central we will pick you up
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.