Skip-the-line Centre Pompidou Guided Museum Tour - Private Tour
On this 2 to 2.5 hour private guided museum tour, your guide will lead you to explore Renzo Piano’s colorful yet confusing landmark and the art within. Explore Paris’s best collection of modern and contemporary art while visiting the whimsical Pompidou Center.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- SKIP-THE-LINE GUIDED MUSEUM TOUR
- TOUR GUIDE EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- DURATION 2 - 2.5 HOURS
- WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- ALL ENTRY FEES
- Entry/Admission - Centre Pompidou
What's excluded :
- Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off (We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centre Pompidou, Place Georges Pompidou, 75004 Paris France
A visit to the Pompidou Center is as much about the building as the art — it stands out from the Paris skyline in an almost controversial sort of way. After learning about the odd, color-coded architecture and inside-out concept of the museum itself, you will follow your expert guide through the equally-bizarre and conceptual works in the galleries. Dive into the modern collection and see works by Picasso and Matisse, learning about their contributions to Cubism and Fauvism. Get surreal with art created during World Wars while discussing the Dada movement. Head to the 50s and swinging 60s when Andy Warhol was spearheading Pop Art. You’ll hear about French artists as well as international names, possibly including Mondrian, Pollock, O’Keefe, among other artists who have worked during movements including Futurism, Bauhaus, and abstract expressionism.
Continue towards the lesser-known world of contemporary art. Familiar with Minimalism and Fluxus? You will be after the tour. Stop by Dubuffet’s winter garden to immerse yourself in an installation project before learning about multimedia projects housed in the galleries. By the end, you’ll have a richer understanding of more recent artworks that go beyond what’s in the Louvre or the Musée d’Orsay, bringing you up to speed on the art world.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Centre Georges Pompidou, 75004 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- • It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: The Centre Pompidou may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.