Skip-the-line: Colosseum Private Tour
Choose a Colosseum private tour for a relaxing experience of Rome's most iconic sight: the Colosseum. Join your guide — an archaeology expert — for a full tour of Rome's Ancient City. Benefit from your guide's undivided attention, who'll answer your ever curiosity about the Roman Empire — and the bloody battles of the Colosseum. You'll be able to discover these amazing archaeological sights at your own pace.
First, you'll enjoy a walking tour of the exquisite ruins of the Roman Forum. Your private guide will be on hand to answer every question you had about the power and the political intrigues of the Roman Empire. Then, you'll climb the Palatine Hill; the place Romulus founded Rome in myth. Enjoy a beautiful vista of modern Rome and its ancient ruins.
Continue to the Colosseum, where you'll learn everything about the bloody gladiator's games. Here all the tales of the men and beasts who died here, and experience the power of the impressive ruins of this mighty amphitheater.
per adult from
What's included :
- Full tour from an expert guide
- Headsets for groups of 6 or more
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese.
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and return
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Discover the fascinating history of Ancient Rome in the evocative ruins of the Roman Forum. See where Julius Caesar was assassinated and all the amazing architecture — including Temples and Victory Arches — of the Roman Forum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Enjoy an amazing view of Ancient and modern Rome from the top of the Palatine Hill; once the home of Rome's Emperors. See where the Emperors lived and discover the true stories of their luxurious lifestyles.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit the world’s most iconic amphitheater: the Colosseum. See the famous stadium where 80,000 Romans would have gathered to watch the blood sports on the Arena floor. Over 400,000 people died over the Colosseum’s 400 years in use, and 1,000,000 animals.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
As you walk around the exterior of the Colosseum, you'll pause for a moment at the Arch of Constantine; the Triumphal Arch of Rome's first Christian Emperor. Discover the fascinating history of the Arch and how its iconic style spawned many copy-cats.
Pass By: Septimius Severus Arch, Via dell'Arco di Settimio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
See one of the best-preserved Roman Victory Arches in the world.
Pass By: Via Sacra 1, 00186 Rome Italy
Once Ancient Rome's main street, the Via Sacra runs from the Roman Forum to the Colosseum.
Pass By: Tempio di Vesta, Via Sacra Roman Forum, 00186 Rome Italy
In the Temple of Vesta, the Vestal Virgins watched the sacred fire of Rome and protected it with their life.
Pass By: Basilica Aemilia, Via Sacra Roman Forum, Rome Italy
One of the greatest secular Basilicas of Ancient Rome.
Pass By: Arco di Tito, Via Sacra 1 Foro Romano, 00186 Rome Italy
See the victory arch which inspired the design of the Arc de Triomphe.
Departure Point :Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also give your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites and not wheelchair friendly. We encourage those with mobility problems to book a private tour, in order to allow the guide to adapt the pace to their specific needs. This tour lasts 3 hours and a fair amount of walking is involved, including some stairs and uphill paths.
- Water fountains available on site
- Strollers are allowed but not recommended, as stairs are steep and the ground is uneven; children must be carried by an adult or be able to walk for most of the tour
- Wear comfortable shoes; bring hat and sunscreen
- There is no scheduled break, but it will be possible to stop for restrooms along the path, as needed
- Food is allowed in the archeological area
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened; all objects (including mobile phones) must be put in the bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
- Large backpacks, camping bags, bulky bags, and luggage/trolleys are not allowed; medium and small backpacks can be shouldered and must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit or offer a partial refund.
- Please note that sprays of all sorts are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.