Skip the Line: Colosseum Small Group Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
The ancient glory of Rome is reborn! Skip the Line at three of the most significant surviving remnants of the Eternal City: the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum. Your expert, English-speaking tour guide will share anecdotes and history throughout the tour, rebuilding the impressive ruins with tales of Ancient Rome’s heyday.
Optional upgrade to the Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour: Underground Chambers, Arena and Upper Tier (3.5 hours) For a more thorough exploration of the Colosseum, select the upgrade option when booking for a tour that includes access to the third tier, arena floor and underground chambers—sections of the Colosseum that are either newly opened or typically closed to the general public.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Skip the Line Acess
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Your journey into antiquity begins with the Colosseum, one of the world’s most iconic sights. Your guide will call on their historical and archaeological expertise to tell you all about the battles, both physical and political, that played out in this incredible amphitheater. You might be surprised to learn that ‘Gladiator’ didn’t get everything right and that feats of ancient engineering even allowed the Romans to re-enact naval battles here.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The next stop takes you back to the very beginning. The Palatine Hill is the spot Romulus chose to found the city that would become Rome in 753 BC – a decision that ended in tragedy for his brother Remus. Here, steeped in history, you’ll enjoy spectacular views overlooking your next destination: the Roman Forum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The Forum and the Via Sacra, the Sacred Way, were the heart of Ancient Rome. All of Roman life could be found in this bustling marketplace: commerce and trade, political rallies, military parades, and the sacred ceremonies of the Vestal Virgins.
In just three hours, you’ll experience all that allowed Rome to endure so long – staying immersed in history the entire time, without wasting a moment waiting in line.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
2: Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Palatine Hill, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Our group size is 10 people or less complying with the venue regulations during this post-Covid-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.