Skip-the-line Doge's Palace & St Mark's Square with wine tasting
Venice: the city of love, art and good wine!
Come with us to explore one of the most fascinating place in the world with our skip-the-line private guided tour.
Starting from the wonderful San Marco's Square, accompanied by our top rated guide, you will discover the famous Doge’s Palace. The Palace is the very symbol of Venice and a masterpiece of Gothic architecture. Walk through artistic treasures and decorated halls, relive the magnificent Golden Age of the Serenissima Venetian Republic! You will cross the Bridge of Sighs, connecting the Doge’s Palace to the jails, where the prisoners caught their last glimpse of Venice before being locked up. At the end of the visit, you will reach by walking a traditional wine parlor where you can taste diffent kinds of local wine with typical appetizers.
Our walking tour lasts approximately 2,5 hours.
It is a great experience to explore the highlights of Venice, unique city in the world!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Wine tasting (3 kinds of local wine)
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for a group up to 5 people, whisper are not required and not included)
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Our guide will meet you in Saint Marco Square to start your full immersion in the history of this incredible city! Starting from the largest square in the city, the guide will describe you all the monuments around (only outside): St Marco’s Basilica, the bell tower and the Procuratie. Saint Marco’s Basilica was commissioned in 1071 and built in Venetian-Byzantine style, a mixture of western and eastern styles.Nicknamed the "Church of Gold" because of its opulence, it has been the seat of the Patriarch of Venice. The Bell tower, that stands 98.6 meters tall (323 ft) and is one of the city's most recognizable landmarks. The Procuratie, located along the square, are buildings that housed the apartments and offices of the procurators.The visit will continue inside the Doge’s Palace, official residence in Venice of the doges, who were the elected leaders of the former Venetian republic. This impressive structure, built around a courtyard and richly decorated, was the meeting place of the governing councils and ministries of the republic. In its successive rebuildings, the palace incorporated characteristics of Gothic, Moorish, and Renaissance architecture.
Our guide will accompany in this journey into the beautiful decorated halls where you can admire paintings by Tiziano,Tintoretto and Veronese. Learn about the history of the city and the important decisions took in these rooms by the Council who made great the Venetian Republic. At last but not least, you will walk across the Bridge of Sighs as the enemies of the Republic did before being locked up in the prisons. Thanks to our tour, you will relive the ancient atmosphere of the Serenissima Republic of Venice!
After filling your eyes with much beauty, you will delight your taste buds with our wine tasting! Venice's region is very famous for its wine production and, after your guided tour, you will have the chance to taste three local wines with typical appetizers in a traditional venetian wine parlor.
Departure Point :Caffè Florian, Piazza San Marco, 57, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.