Skip the Line: Dunguaire Castle Admission Ticket
Dunguaire Castle and its history lies at the heart of the Ireland’s literary revival in the early 20th century. It was built in 1520 by the O’Hynes clan on the picturesque shores of Galway Bay. This restored 16th century tower house sits on a rocky outcrop on the shores of Galway Bay.
per adult from
30 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Dungaire Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Visit: Dungaire Castle, Dungory East, Kinvara Ireland
n 1924 Dunguaire was bought and repaired by Oliver St. John Gogarty, the famous surgeon and literary figure. This was the time of the great Celtic revival in Irish literature exemplified by the works of writers such as Synge, Yeats Shaw and O'Casey. It became the venue for meetings of the literary revivalists such as W.B. Yeats, his patron Lady Gregory, George Bernard Shaw, Edward Martin and J.M. Synge. Yeats in particular believed strongly in the Celtic Bardic Tradition and set about reviving the ancient oral customs incorporating them into his plays and poetry.
In 1954 the castle was acquired by Christobel Lady Amptill who completed the restoration started by Oliver St. John Gogarty. Subsequently the castle became the property of Shannon Development. Today the restored castle gives an insight into the lifestyle of the people who lived from 1520 to modern times. From April to October you can enjoy fabulous entertainment and locally sourced food at the renowned castle banquet.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Dungaire Castle, Dungory East, Kinvara Ireland
Departure Time :5/5/2021 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.