Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Walking Tour
Edinburgh Castle dominates one of the world’s most heroic and bloody national histories. Set on a dead volcano, the castle is an imposing sight with its thick defensive walls. This 2-hour tour gives you an insider’s view of the city’s number one attraction, first letting you skip the line and then revealing the secrets of this fortress, from one of the world’s few official dog cemeteries to the smallest shrine in the world. Learn about the castle’s wicked and wonderful history from the guide.
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Castle
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - National War Museum of Scotland
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Meet your guide in front of Frankie & Benny's on 130 High Street by Tron Kirk
Stop At: Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2PB Scotland
Make your way to the castle and experience one immediate advantage to this 2-hour walking tour: you get to bypass the usually long line and go right into the castle. No waiting.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: National War Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh Castle Castle Hill Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh EH1 2NG Scotland
Visit the National War Museum to get an up close view of the battles that have shaped Scotland and Edinburgh. Walk through Crown Square, the main courtyard of the castle. See the Crown Jewels of Scotland, including the Stone of Destiny, an oblong block of red sandstone that was used in the coronation of Scottish monarchs.
Duration: 15 hours
Stop At: St. Margaret's Chapel, Castle Terrace, Edinburgh Scotland
Visit St Margaret’s Chapel, the oldest building in Edinburgh.
You’ll also see the dog cemetery, the final resting place for canine companions of regimental officers and one of the few cemeteries dedicated to dog in the world. At the end of the tour, you can stay on and explore more of the castle on your own.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Edinburgh Castle, Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG Scotland
Listen as your guide shares the insider’s view and secrets of this ancient spot. Learn, for example, about the bloody battles and invasions that have taken place here over the centuries.
Your ticket to enter the Castle allows you to stay right through to closing time. Feel free to continue exploring the Castle at your own pace, once the tour is finished.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :130 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be aware that Edinburgh Castle stays open until 5pm and your Castle Ticket is only valid on the day of purchase.
- Children (4 or under) can join the Edinburgh Castle Tour for free. We reserve the right to ask for a valid ID for children joining our tours.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Our tour starts at 130 High Street, in front of Frankie and Benny's restaurant. We don't allow guests to join after the start time, and we don't allow guests to join the tour if they don't show up in our current start point at 130 High Street, in front of Frankie and Benny's restaurant.
- The independent guides who employ us to market their tours have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites & stories mentioned and lasts about 1.5 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
- No bags or backpacks over 30L are permitted for security reasons
- Unfortunately, the steep hills and uneven ground mean that this tour is not suitable for pushchairs or those unable to walk unassisted
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- - Breaks will be shortended - Guests are encouraged to bring own masks - Guests will be required to provide personal details (name, phone) - Smaller groups to ensure appropriate social distance - Tour group picture will no longer be taken
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.