Skip the line Exclusive Colosseum Underground VIP Tour
Go back in time with this 1-hour skip-the-line special tour of the Colosseum. Visit Rome's symbolic monument with a trip that makes it easy and fun for all ages. Bypass the queue to avoid long waits. A professional guide, with art and archaeological background, will escort you through the amphitheater's history. The unique feature of this extraordinary tour is to let you explore the hidden parts of the Colosseum in a small-group never bigger than 24 people. Explore all parts of this incredible monument, finding the original structure from 5th century A.D., and exploring all the tunnels and rooms where gladiators get prepared to face the fight. Visit the Underground tunnels web and then you will climb the upper level of the Colosseum for great views.
per adult from
What's included :
- Priority VIP access with no lines
- Exclusive access to Colosseum Underground and Arena floor
- Audio headsets in order to hear your guide always
- Groups of 19 people or fewer
- All taxes, fees and handling charge
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Enter the Colosseum and learn about the spectacular and incredible entertainments organized in ancient times. Discover the techniques of construction invented by the Romans, the incredible ability of the gladiators, the violent fighting between exotic animals and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
Descend to the underground, find the original structure from 5th century A.D., and explore all the tunnels and rooms where gladiators were preparing to face the fight. Your tour guide will be at disposal to answer all of your questions.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- To get inside the Colosseum it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be can asked just the ticket entrance.
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Please note that for safety reasons the Coliseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once.
- This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened.
- To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Forbidden objects inside the Colosseum: bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols, backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage / trolley
- Can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Temperature checks for travelers at the Colosseum entrance too. If the temperature is above 37,5° C (99,5°F), access will not be possible. No refund is available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.