Skip-the-Line Florence Small-Group Tour with David and Duomo
Florence Small-Group Walking Tour with David allows you to feel not only the past greats that shaped our modern world, but also feel the pulsating vibe of architecture and way of life that can be found nowhere else in Italy. There is no better way to get acquainted with the city that launched the world into the modern era, but to navigate its narrow alleys along with your guide, discover its glorious piazza's and architectural wonders, stand in front of Florence's spectacular Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore (the Duomo of Florence) and stand in awe in front of Michelangelo's statue of David.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Small group sizes to guarantee a personal experience
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Gelato and trippa
- Entry/Admission - Museo Casa di Dante
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
In 1501, Michelangelo was given a giant block of Carrara marble. Over the next 3 years, he was able to carve a 17 ft. statue of David, depicting the biblical hero in the moments just before slaying the beast, Goliath. Intended to be placed atop the Duomo, the David is disproportionate, as Michelangelo intended for viewers to look up at David from below. With your local guide, understand why the David has become one of the most celebrated artworks of all time. Explore the rest of the Gallery, then head for the winding streets of Florence.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Via della Canonica, 1 Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
Walk to the center of Florence, the giant dome you can see atop the Florence skyline. Contrary to popular belief, the word “Duomo” actually does not translate to “dome.” The word “cupola” actually translates to “dome,” while “duomo” refers to a church. The construction of the Florence Duomo took almost 150 years. See the exteriors of the cathedral, baptistry and bell tower while your guide explains the gothic influence of the church’s internal and exterior art.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Museo Casa di Dante, Via Santa Margherita 1, 50122, Florence Italy
Wander onto a narrow side street and spot a brown brick Tuscan-style house. You’ll be staring at Casa di Dante, which used to be where famous author of “The Divine Comedy” Dante Alighieri lived. Now, the house now functions as a museum dedicated to this Florentine poet.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Piazza della Signoria, 50122, Florence Italy
Many people refer to Piazza della Signoria as an outdoor art expedition. In this beautiful square, you’ll see the dozens of statues and captivating architecture. This piazza is also home to Palazzo Vecchio, the beautiful palace in which the Medici family worked. In front of Palazzo Vecchio, you will be able to spot another David statue. Don’t be fooled though, this one is just a copy of the original Statue of David that you saw at the Accademia.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ponte Vecchio, 50125, Florence Italy
Head toward the Arno River and stop at Florence’s most famous bridge, the Ponte Vecchio, or “Old Bridge.”. This bridge has been a central selling place for vendors since as early as the 13th century. During the bridge’s earlier times, butchers, fishmongers and other vendors would sell their fresh products on the Ponte Vecchio to Florentines. Now, the bridge is mainly occupied by jewelers and local artisans. This stop will conclude the tour, and the timing will be perfect to go grab a delicious Florentine lunch. Ask your guide where the local spots are, it’s hard to go wrong.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Monument To General Manfredo Fanti, P.za di San Marco, 5-11, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Ponte Vecchio, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a small-group tour limited to 16 participants maximum
- We will be visiting a church during the tour, so please make sure to have knees and shoulders covered, otherwise you may be denied entrance into the sites
- This is a walking tour, so comfortable shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Our number 1 priority is for our customers to feel 100% safe during their experience with us. This is why we have implemented: -reduced group sizes, -enforce social distancing - masks are mandatory for both customers and guides - guides bring hand sanitizer with them for our customers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.