Skip the Line: Heraklion: Self-Guided Tour of Nikos Kazantzakis Museum
The Museum exhibits the life and the work of one of the most important modern writers in Greece and abroad, Nikos Kazantzakis. The Museum holds manuscripts and notes by the author, samples of his correspondence with major thinkers, politicians and authors of his time, first editions of his works in Greek and other languages, rare photographic material, souvenirs from his travels; personal effects, models, costumes and other material from theatre productions of his works in Greece and abroad; portraits and sculptures of the author, dozens of foreign-language editions of his works from all over the world, all a legacy that brings alive the memory of Nikos Kazantzakis and promotes his work and personality. Since the full renovation of the Museum in 2009 it has implemented new multimedia tools to its exhibition and to the educational projects designed for museum learning purposes.
per adult from
30 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Audio guide/headphones (Greek, English, German)
- Free WiFi internet access
- 10% discount in the Gift Shop
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Kazantzakis Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Coffee and/or Tea - as well as food and other drinks (refreshments, alcoholic drinks, etc), and souvenirs from the Gift Shop
- Visit: Kazantzakis Museum, Central Square of the Village of Myrtia,15 Km. inland and South of Heraklion, Myrtia, Crete 70100 Greece
Admire manuscripts, personal belongings, first publications and rare books of Nikos Kazantzakis, as well artefacts, sculptures, and painting depicting him, or based on his books. Know more about the author’s life, and get familiar with his ecumenical Work. Learn about the exhibitions with an informative audio guide available in English, German, and Greek language.
You can visit also the Café-Bistro and the Gift Shop of the Museum. Show your tour ticket to receive a 10% discount on your treats!
Departure Point :Kazantzakis Museum, Central Square of the Village of Myrtia,15 Km. inland and South of Heraklion, Myrtia, Crete 70100 Greece
Departure Time :6/15/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers can visit the Museum by car or taxi in 25 minutes from Heraklion (the Museum is located in Myrtia village, about 20km to the SE of Heraklion)
- Most travelers can participate
- Bring your own headphones for the audio guide
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Keep 2 meters distance from others throughout the Museum. A maximum of 30 visitors is allowed in the Museum and a maximum of 4 visitors at the Shop. Face masks are compulsory for both visitors and Museum staff. Please always follow the staff instructions.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.