Skip the Line: King John's Castle Admission Ticket
You will find a visit to King John’s Castle both inspiring and exciting. This remarkably intact Castle with its imposing walls and towers dominate the landscape of Limerick city as much today, as it did centuries ago. Visit the new visitor centre, enjoy the exhibition and relax in the Café afterwards.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- All activities
- Live entertainment
- Entry/Admission - King John's Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Visit: King John's Castle, Nicholas Street King's Island, Limerick Ireland
King John’s Castle is on ‘King’s Island’ in the heart of medieval Limerick City. The stunning new exhibition at King John’s Castle brings to life over 800 years of dramatic local history.
This 13th century Castle reopened on Friday June 28th 2013, following a multi million euro investment. Explore the brand new visitor centre with state of the art interpretive activities and exhibitions. Relax afterwards in our café – the perfect place to unwind while enjoying terrifc views onto the castle courtyard and the Shannon river.
21st century touch screen technology, 3D models and discovery drawer are among the exciting techniques that will connect you to tales of siege and warfare. Children will love the dazzling array of computer generated animations and ghostly projections as they travel back through time. The Education and Activity Room is bustling with tasks to stimulate curious minds.
In the busy courtyard, you will discover a medieval campaign tent, a blacksmiths forge and scenes from a seventeenth century siege. The sights, scenes and sounds of King John’s Castle and its environs all combine to recreate the atmosphere of the era.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :King John's Castle, Nicholas Street King's Island, Limerick Ireland
Departure Time :9/1/2020 - 8/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Audio-visual presentation available in English only. Leaflets are available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish.
- The Castle Café serves tea, coffee, soup, sandwiches and freshly made desserts.
- Gift Shop sells souvenirs, crafts and books.
- Free car parking available opposite the castle. Two free coach parking spaces on street outside.
- The exhibition and interpretative areas are wheelchair accessible but assistance would be required for courtyard access. Accessible toilet is available.
- Subject to additional charges on dates that special events are running.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.