Skip the Line: Knossos Palace and Archaeological Site Entrance Ticket
Experience Knossos Palace which is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and probably the ceremonial and political center of the Minoan civilization and culture. The palace appears as a maze of workrooms, living spaces, and store rooms close to a central square. Detailed images of Cretan life in the late Bronze Age are provided by images on the walls of this palace. It is also a tourist destination today and near the main city of Heraklion.
per adult from
What's included :
- Knossos archaeological site entrance ticket
- Skip the line access
- Service fee
- Entry/Admission - Knossos Archaeological Site
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Food & Drinks
- Visit: Knossos Archaeological Site, Knosos, Heraklion, Crete Greece
You will visit Knossos Palace which is the most visited place of Crete and the birthplace of Minoan civilization and the origin of the myth of labyrinth. It contains the largest of the Minoan palaces which dated back to 2000 B.C. that has been partially restored.
Excavated in the early 20th century by the great English archaeologist Arthur Evans. The ruins and rebuilt parts belong to the last and largest Minoan Palace, the labyrinth of Knossos. Built 3700 years ago, is over 1000 pieces. This palace was even a health system and was decorated with impressive murals. The throne of King Minos is still intact.
The city of Knossos remained important through the Classical and Roman periods, but its population shifted to the new town of Chandax (modern Heraklion) during the 9th century AD. By the 13th century, it was called Makryteikhos 'Long Wall'; the bishops of Gortyn continued to call themselves Bishops of Knossos until the 19th century. Today, the name is used only for the archaeological site.
Visit: The Palace of Knossos, Knosos, Crete 714 09 Greece
Point of Interest Page
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Knossos Archaeological Site, Knosos, Heraklion, Crete Greece
Departure Time :11/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 8/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
9/1/2021 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
10/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- An email will be sent to your email address a couple of days prior with your e-ticket attached. You have to present your e-ticket or your printed tickets and scan the barcode at the entry of the archaeological site. In case of a last minute booking, please note that we will need 3 working hours in minimum in order to process your reservation and send your e-ticket by email to your email address.
- Child free entrance ticket (age 0-5) & half-price child entrance ticket (age 6-24) must be purchased from the cashier directly without waiting in line. Please note that for free/reduced tickets, passport or ID is required.
- The Knossos arch. site opening hours are: 1st April to 31 August: 08:00 - 20:00, 1st to 30th September: 8:00-18:00, 1st October to 31 October: 8:00-17:00, 1st November to 31 March: 08:00-17:00.
- Most travelers can participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.