Skip the Line: Marionette Theater Tickets in Dallas
Let your imagination take over for 50 minutes while you watch the marionettes come alive. The lobby of the theater is beautifully adorned with handcrafted wooden marionettes and the walls display the primitive woodworking tools from a 16-century toy makers shop. Featuring a puppetry store and a large concession stand, the theater looks like something you would find in Europe. Choose from one of two show times when you book.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Geppetto's Theater & Workshop
What's excluded :
- Parking fee ($5 per car, paid to third party agency at the facility)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Visit: Geppetto's Theater & Workshop, 2201 N Stemmons Fwy Hilton Anatole Hotel, Dallas, TX 75207-2801
Guests should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled show time to allow ample time to park (Lot #3) and arrive in the theater lobby (located in the Hilton Anatole Tower Section). Restrooms are located onsite as well as a full and extensive concession stand. Yes, drinks and concessions are allowed inside the theater. The show begins with a demonstration of how the marionettes are carved and assembled and most importantly, how they are made to work by the puppeteer artists. This demonstration is considered one of the highlights of the visit as children witness something that comes to life onstage, just like Pinocchio. Following the demonstration, the lights lower and the curtain rises. The shows are designed to capture and hold the attention of little ones but equally entertain the adults. Elaborate staging, lighting, visual and special effects are used to tell the stories. The marionettes themselves are handcrafted and carved wooden actors that literally come to life onstage. Most people have never seen a marionette show, and certainly not one as elaborate and well-staged as these. The puppeteers stand on a high wood platform above the stage so they are out of sight during the show which allows the audience to suspend disbelief and focus on the action onstage. When the show concludes and the curtain falls, audiences usually break out in spontaneous applause. The puppeteers then come out and greet the audience and invite them backstage for a behind-the-scenes tour. Photography is encouraged and the staff is very accommodating in answering the children’s questions on how the theatrical magic was performed. After the show, children and families are invited back to the lobby and puppetry store where puppets and other souvenirs are available for purchase. Although the show is only 50 minutes, the entire experience is about 1.2-hours.
Departure Point :Geppetto's Theater & Workshop, 2201 N Stemmons Fwy Hilton Anatole Hotel, Dallas, TX 75207-2801
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Shows are not recommended for children under the age of 3 years
- Special effects, strobes, fog, smoke, black lights and bubble machine may be used during the performance
- A small amount of walking is involved where guests are required to walk down a single flight of stairs to reach the theater
- Wheelchair accessible by contacting theater staff 1-hour before performance to provide alternate entrance
- Tickets will be held at the theater box office for collection on the day of the performance
- Arrive early to see how the marionettes are made and operated by the professional puppeteers and stay after the show for a behind-the-scenes backstage tour with photo session with the puppets
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.