Skip-the-line National Archives Building Guided Tour - 8ppl Max
This 1.5 to 2 hour tour semi-private (8 Guest Maximim) guided tour will bring you face to face with the seemingly humble documentation that gave birth to the most powerful nation in the world. The National Archives will introduce you to the original paperwork that formed the United States of America.
per adult from
What's included :
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Duration 1.5 - 2 Hours
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The National Archives Museum, 700 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20408-0001
Step through the doors of this majestic neoclassical building, considered a temple to American history. Follow your guide, starting at the National Archives Rotunda to learn about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution while standing in front of the perfectly-preserved documents from the 17th and 18th centuries. Alongside the Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers, they all feature the signatures of world-famous statesmen like Alexander Hamilton.
Next, in the Public Vaults Exhibits, letters written by presidents including George Washington and John F. Kennedy are on display. The United States’ turbulent racial past comes alive while learning about the Emancipation Proclamation, which helped end slavery in the 19th century. More recent papers, like a citation issued to civil rights activist Rosa Parks, illustrates how long these racial issues lasted. Finally, in the Rubenstein Gallery, examine even older documents like the Magna Carta of 1297. Although it was written well before the Americas were even discovered by Europeans, it heavily influenced many of the other artifacts you’ll see in the National Archives.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Babylon Tours Washington D.C., 600 Independence Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20560
The capital of the United States, the playground of politicians and presidents, is just as enticing for tourists who want to experience a slice of American history. Our English speaking guides organize private and small group tours to the city’s most important institutions, like the National Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. Rub elbows with senators as you stroll the historical monuments on the Mall and learn about the iconic figures buried at Arlington National Cemetery. At Babylon Tours, our engaging guides want to make it clear that D.C. isn’t just for the fat cats on Capitol Hill – it’s also yours to explore.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :National Archives Museum, 701 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20408, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Notes: American History Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.