Skip-the-Line: Paris Catacombs Tour with VIP Access to Restricted Areas
Venture below the avenues and Metro tunnels of Paris and into the Catacombs, whose population of skeletons far outnumbers the living city above. This group tour includes Skip-the-Line Entry and lets you access parts of the Catacombs that are off-limits to individual visitors, so you get more out of your experience. Exclusive sights include the Sacellum Crypt, where bones were blessed before beginning their rest in the tunnels.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip-the-line access and visit to the Parisian catacombs
- Small groups to ensure an intimate experience
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - The Paris Catacombs
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Paris Catacombs, 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris France
Why wait in a long line to see less of the Catacombs? Your guide, an English-speaking local expert, will lead your group straight past the lines and down into the 200-mile labyrinth of bone-lined galleries and former quarry tunnels. An inscription at the entrance reads “Arrête! C’est ici l’empire de la mort”, or “Stop! Here lies the empire of death”. In this eerie empire, you’ll encounter the remains of such dignitaries as Rabelais and Robespierre, among more than 6 million other former Parisians.
While individual ticket holders must remain on the public routes, your guide will lead you off the well-traveled path. As well as other significant remains, like the hidden Gilbert’s Tomb, here you’ll find monuments to those who made their living in the empire of death. In the Port Mahon Gallery, you’ll see sculptures that an 18th-century quarry worker spent five years chiseling secretly from the tunnel walls, before being crushed in a cave-in. You’ll see the Quarryman’s Footbath and the Sepulchral Lamp, whose constant flame reassured the living that there was enough air in the tunnels.
As you wind your way around the Catacombs, you’ll hear all about the history of this parallel city – and the many legends surrounding it. Once you’ve seen what lies just 65 feet below the city, your view of Paris will be forever changed.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Catacombs of Paris, 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with claustrophobia
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.