Skip the Line: Pedro St. James Castle General Admission and Guided Tour Ticket
Step back in time and experience the history and heritage of Pedro St. James on Grand Cayman. Known by locals as "Pedro Castle," the Great House is the oldest surviving stone structure in the Cayman Islands. It is also called the “birthplace of democracy" and is home to many Cayman cultural and historic tales.
On this 2-hour tour you'll explore the 18th century building and its artifacts while absorbing the beauty of Pedro St. James, spread across seven landscaped acres with panoramic ocean views. Enjoy a 3D movie that transports you back in time or take a guided tour by a local for an even more authentic experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Pedro St. James National Historic Site
What's excluded :
- Visit: Pedro St. James National Historic Site, Pedro Castle Road Savannah, KY1-1501 Grand Cayman
A guided tour of the Pedro St. James National Historic Site usually starts with a 3D movie followed by a guided tour where you will learn about the amazing history and heritage of "Pedro Castle" and its environs. Self-guided tours are also available.
The guided tours usually take about two hours, whereas self-guided tours can be completed in one hour, depending the amount of time you want to stay at the site. The walking tour allows you the freedom to explore all the grounds and enjoy seeing the 18th century Great House and its related artifacts. Absorb the beauty of panoramic ocean views, across seven landscaped acres, and the old stamp room and picture collections. There is also a gift shop on site, as well as seating for lunch if you want to bring a picnic along.
Since its construction more than two centuries ago, Pedro St. James has been put to use in a variety of ways – as a cotton plantation, courthouse, jail, Government Assembly and even restaurant – before the Cayman Islands government finally purchased the property in 1996 and restored it to its 18th century grandeur. It has survived hurricanes, fires, vandalism, and even rumors of being haunted. Today it stands as a dynamic piece of Caymanian heritage.
Perhaps best known as the “birthplace of democracy in the Cayman Islands,” Pedro St. James was the venue for a meeting on December 5, 1831, where the decision was made to form the islands' first elected parliament. Later, on May 3, 1835, Robert Thompson, sent from the Governor of Jamaica, held court at Pedro St. James to issue the proclamation ending slavery in the British Empire. Let the site's history of tragedy, triumph and political reformation inspire you!
Pedro St. James also provides a stunning location for weddings, events and photo opportunities, owing to its expansive grounds with breathtaking backdrops. There are steps to climb when reaching the upper two levels of the Great House. All other areas are wheelchair accessible.
Departure Point :Pedro St. James National Historic Site, Pedro Castle Road Savannah, KY1-1501 Grand Cayman
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Grand Cayman Cruise Terminal, George Town, Cayman Islands
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All bookings are subject to the laws governing the Cayman Islands
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.