Skip-the-line Rijksmuseum & Van Gogh Museum Guided Combo Tour - Private Tour
Take our most popular private tour of Amsterdam’s best museums. Perfect for an introduction to Van Gogh and the artists of the Dutch Golden Age, this tour will take you on an artistic and historical journey through the 18th and 19th centuries. The 5 to 5.5-hour private guided museum combo tour includes entry to both museums so you can skip the line and learn about the museums’ collections with one of our engaging expert guides, whom you’ll have all to yourself.
per adult from
300 to 330 minutes
What's included :
- Skip-The-Line Guided Combo Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Break)
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Rijksmuseum
- Entry/Admission - Van Gogh Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam The Netherlands
You start this tour at the Rijksmuseum to indulge in some of Holland’s most famous artists, like Rembrandt, while learning about the country’s cultural history. Our guides will share their favorite stories about the museum’s best and quirkiest pieces. For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture, you will explore its rich and vibrant past through a selection of paintings and artifacts from the 8000 objects on display. You’ll explore familiar names like Rembrandt while discussing lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses and Vermeer’s portrait of domesticity, “The Milkmaid.” There’s even a fascinating 19th century library containing more stories than you could ever tell.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Van Gogh Museum, Museumplein 6, 1071 DJ Amsterdam The Netherlands
You’ve heard about one of the world’s most famous painters, Vincent Van Gogh. But what do you really know about this Dutch artist? After a break for lunch, enter the Van Gogh Museum to meet the man behind the famous sunflowers and self-portraits that feature in galleries around the world. See his work “The Potato Eaters” and “The Bedroom” as well as objects from his studio. Visit the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh’s works while learning about his troubled life from his days in Holland to his dramatic ending in France. And yes, you’ll discuss that whole ear incident.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Amsterdam, Dam 1, 1012 JL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Amsterdam conjures up images of a less-than-puritan style of life, but we’re here to show you that this city offers way more than just the Red Light District – even though it’s a part of it! Our English speaking guides will help you cut the lines and explore the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum, two of the city’s biggest attractions, on private or small group tours. With Babylon Tours, we’ll help you experience the historic side of Amsterdam, but we know how to let down our hair, too. Join us as well to explore the, let’s call them, alternative venues of the Red Light District with one of our energetic young guides.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Cobra Café, Hobbemastraat 18, 1071 ZB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Van Gogh Museum, Museumplein 6, 1071 DJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Because face masks are optional in Amsterdam and are still not obligatory under in the Dutch law. For private tours we have left this option up to the guests and guides at their own discretion. All guides will have face masks for themselves and guests available and we encourage them to be used.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.