Skip the Line: Roman Agora of Athens Entrance Ticket
Discover the Tower of the Winds is a tall, octagonal building immediately east of the Roman Agora. It was wisely shaped to be an elaborate water clock on the inside, sundial on the outside, and weather vane on the top. Enjoy the Roman Agora which became the central market of the city, replacing many of the commercial activity of the Greek Agora.
per adult from
What's included :
- Roman Agora Entrance Ticket
- Skip the line access
- Service fee
- Entry/Admission - Roman Agora
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Food & Drinks
- Visit: Roman Agora, Polignotou 3, Athens 105 55 Greece
The Roman Agora is located on the north side of the Acropolis and was the city’s market area under Roman occupation. You can get a glimpse outside the fence, but it's worth visiting the site to discover the well-preserved Gate of Athena Archegetis ("Athena the Leader") that inform you that Julius Caesar and Augustus offered the funds for its construction in the 1st century B.C.
There is also a second entrance, the entrance gate to the market driving to the "Tower of the Winds". The gate, formed by four Doric columns, was financed by Julius Caesar and erected during 10 BC. On the top of one wing of the agora is the 17th-century Fethiye Mosque, currently restored and hosting temporary exhibitions.
During the Byzantine period and the Turkish occupation, the area was covered with houses, workshops and churches including the surviving Fethiye Mosque. After the necessary purchase and demolition of the private houses and other buildings covering the area, several excavations were done.
Departure Point :Roman Agora, Polignotou 3, Athens 105 55 Greece
Departure Time :11/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 8/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
9/1/2021 - 9/15/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
9/16/2021 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:30 PM
10/1/2021 - 10/15/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
10/16/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- An email will be sent to your email address a couple of days prior with your e-ticket attached. You have to present your e-ticket or your printed tickets and scan the barcode at the entry of the archaeological site. In case of a last minute booking, please note that we will need 3 working hours in minimum in order to process your reservation and send your e-ticket by email to your email address.
- The Roman Agora arch. site opening hours are: 1st April to 31 August: 08:00 - 20:00, 1st to 15th September: 8:00-19:30, 16th to 30th September: 8:00-19:00, 1st to 15th October: 8:00-18:30, 16th to 31st October: 8:00-18:00, November to March: 8:30-15:00.
- Child free entrance ticket (age 0-5) & half-price child entrance ticket (age 6-24) must be purchased from the cashier directly without waiting in line. Please note that for free/reduced tickets, passport or ID is required.
- Most travelers can participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.