Skip the Line: The Childrens Museum Ticket in Costa Rica
The Children´s Museum offers 40 entertaining rooms to learn by playing and exploring. Thousands of kids visit this place to learn through games, experiments and special events. The place opened in 1994 as the first interactive museum in Central America.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- If you choose the delivery option please add you hotel information
- Entry/Admission - Museo de los Ninos
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Museo de los Ninos, Calle 4, Avenida 9, San Jose Costa Rica
The Children´s Museum is located in a building that was a prison called Central Penitentiary. For 80 years the place housed stories of horror, crime and violence. It was closed in 1979. The place was abandoned for more than 12 years. That was the way a dark chapter of Human Rights violations ended.
The Children´s Museum was opened on April 27, 1994. This was an idea of the first Lady of the Republic of Costa Rica, Mrs. Gloria Bejarano de Calderón. She had the vision of developing a center of science, knowledge, entertainment and culture. Nowadays, it is an excellent place to play, laugh, learn and explore.
“The opening of the Museum is an example about how happiness won the fight against darkness. It has made history as the first interactive museum in Central America. Also, the jail cells were transformed into educational rooms for kids” said, Roberto Brenes, journalist from the Children´s Museum.
Departure Point :Museo de los Ninos, Calle 4, Avenida 9, San Jose Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
No, The travelers go to atraction // The Childrens Museum
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you bring light clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, suntan lotion, and a camera
- Child until 02 years are free
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.