Skip-the-line Underground Rome Private Tour of Crypts & Catacombs w Hotel Pickup
It is amazing what there is to see beneath the streets of Rome. Meet the guide at your hotel and enjoy this private 3,5-hour tour to discover a labyrinth of underground crypts and catacombs. An Archaeologist will take you on a subterranean journey from the Catacombs to the Crypt of the Capuchins. With the use of an iPad your guide will give you a vision of what these places originally looked like ,travel though Rome’s underworld and to see temples, homes and cemeteries in a whirlwind adventure unique tour.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Museum and Crypt of Capuchins
- Entry/Admission - Catacombe San Sebastiano
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel Drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum and Crypt of Capuchins, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
Meet with your guide at your hotel and travel to Piazza Barberini to begin this unique 3,5-hour travel though Rome’s underworld.
The tour heads first towards the Church of Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini and the Capuchin Crypt.
Here, housed in five chambers are the skeletal remains of almost 4,000 monks as well as a very interesting museum known as the Bone Chapel.
Admire the Crypt of the Pelvises, which contains 2 Capuchins serenely reclining in an arched position. Look at the crosses on the ground, which mark the graves of the 7 Capuchins.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Catacombe San Sebastiano, Via Appia Antica 136, 00179 Rome Italy
. Not far away from here, start your journey to the Roman Catacombs, one of the several subterranean layered cemeteries that surround Rome’s city walls. The catacombs are lined with hand-crafted memorials and house unique treasures from early Christian life; murals and sculptures, learn about art depicting scenes from the Old and New Testament, along with the tombs of early popes and martyrs.
Led by an Archaeologist, explore the tunnels and be amazed by the fascinating history about these sacred places.
Your tour ends in the city centre. Time for a well-earned drink amongst the living!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your central hotel in Rome. Please leave hotel name and address.
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- The customer has to bring their own mask
- Social distancing has to be maintained
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.