Skip the line vatican and sistine chapel tour in rome by night
No queuing and an opportunity to see the magnificence of the Vatican in a totally different atmosphere. This magical 3-hour evening tour of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel affords you an unforgettable way to see one of Rome’s top attractions away from the usual daytime bustle. You can wander the galleries and get much better views of the masterpieces by such great artists as Michelangelo, Raphael and may more.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will see some of the Vatican’s numerous treasures, both artistic and historical, many dating back to ancient Roman times. There is a visit to the Gallery of Maps with its 40 amazing frescoes dating from the late 1500s and Raphael’s Rooms, four chambers that house works by Raphael and his students.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Then, one of the reasons everyone comes to Rome, a visit to the Sistine Chapel. In the tranquil atmosphere of the evening, away from the daytime crowds, you have a full 15 minutes in the chapel to gaze upon Michelangelo’s iconic ceiling fresco, The Creation of Adam, and also The Last Judgement that adorns one of the chapel’s walls. (As talking is not allowed in the chapel your guide will tell you all about the wonderful frescoes before you enter.)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Please note that entry is not allowed into St. Peter’s Basilica as it is closed in the evening.
The finale of the tour is a stroll around St. Peter’s Square, lit by a myriad lights and sparkling under the night sky. In the piazza your guide will point out Bernini’s optical illusions and you will visit the exact spot where St. Peter, who later became the first Pope, was crucified. This area went on to become the foundation of the Catholic Church; a impressive place to end a wonderful evening at the Vatican.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums except for bottled water
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- READ CAREFULLY: it can happen that some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice, especially the Sistine Chapel and/or the Basilica of St Peter. In case of such events we do NOT refund NOR reschedule the tour, our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.