Skip-the-line Vatican City Tour with Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
This is a superb half-day tour to see the treasures of the Vatican in the company of a top-rated and very knowledgeable guide. With skip-the-line access you by-pass the waiting lines of tourists and head directly inside to see Ancient Roman and Greek statues, Raphael’s Rooms, the Galleries of Tapestries and Maps, the Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Basilica and Square to name a few.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip-The-Line Ticket
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
This is one of the most comprehensive tours of the Vatican highlights and we ensure you won’t miss any of the “must-see” treasures that make this such a special place. You meet with your guide at the entrance to the Museums and with privileged access by-pass the queues and head inside.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The highlight of any tour is of course the famous Sistine Chapel, Italy’s most visited site. Your guide will tell you all about Michelangelo’s frescoes, The Last Judgment, the Creation of Adam and the Genesis as well as details of the Stories of Moses and Jesus painted by Botticelli, Perugino and other famous Renaissance masters. Still in use today, the Sistine Chapel is where the conclave takes place to elect a new Pope. Listen to anecdotes and some well-kept secrets about this amazing place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour ends with a visit to the greatest Catholic Church in the world, Saint Peter’s Basilica. Here is another of Michelangelo’s masterpieces, La Pietà. Your guide will tell you about the architecture of this magnificent edifice and something of the rituals that take place here. You will also visit the tombs of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your guide will then take you to Saint Peter’s Square to see Bernini’s famous statues and the balcony where you see the white smoke that tells of a newly elected Pope. A final few curious facts and anecdotes and your guide will leave you to take a stroll around this magnificent square. A perfect end to a tour of the Vatican!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.