Skip the Line: Venice Walking Tour with St Mark's Basilica and Pala D'Oro
Skip the line at St Mark’s Basilica and explore St Mark’s Square and lesser-known Venice on this 2-hour walking tour. Stroll around St Mark’s Square as your guide explains its buildings and Venice’s history as a major maritime power during medieval times. Bypass the queues at St Mark’s Basilica to ogle its incredible interior and Pala d'Oro, and delve into the quieter, less-visited side of Hidden Venice. Walk along small canals past palaces, squares and bridges and learn about daily life in the city past and present.
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking tour (maximum 20 people)
- Local English-speaking Professional guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Basilica
- Radio Headsets when the group has more than 8 participants
- Tickets to visit Pala d'Oro
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Enjoy the introduction to the history and culture of Venice with our local expert English-speaking guide
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Enjoy the visit of St Mark's Basilica with Skip the line tickets and Pala d'Oro.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Castello, Venice Italy
Stop by the famous Santa Maria Formosa church dedicated to Holy Virgin and learn about its Renaissance architecture and the history of its name.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Calle del Paradiso, Venice Italy
Explore Hidden Venice with its typical alleys called "calle" and Byzantine and Gothic palazzos.
Departure Point :Royal Gardens, Piazza, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour operates rain or shine
- At certain times it may not be possible to enter to St Mark's Basilica due to religious functions taking place. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Large bags are not allowed into St Mark's Basilica
- In case of high water, St Mark’s Basilica Skip the line entrance will remain closed
- Skip the line tickets to St Mark’s basilica are valid from 1st April until 31st October – From 1st November to 31st March due to less affluence to St Mark’s Basilica, this service is not provided by the church to all operators and individual travellers
- Near public transportation
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and restoration works, St Mark's Basilica and Pala D'Oro will remain temporarily closed for visitors until further notice. The guide will provide explanation from outside. We will notify you as soon as there are updates from the local authorities regarding admittance to the Basilica.
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.