Skip the Line: War Museum of Athens Entrance Ticket
The War Museum was established by the Hellenic State in 1964 in order to honor all those who fought for the country's freedom. The Museum’s mission, as this was determined by its Establishing Act, is to collect, preserve and exhibit military artifacts and memorabilia, and to study, document and project the sacred struggles of the Greek nation from antiquity to the present day, in order to preserve the national memory and promote the historic continuity of Hellenism.
per adult from
1 to 8 hours
What's included :
- War Museum entrance ticket
- Entry/Admission - War Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Visit: War Museum, Vasilisis Sofias Avenue & Rizari 2 The entrance is located at Rizari 2., Athens 106 75 Greece
In the museum's exhibition grounds you can chronologically navigate through the four levels of the building, while a large collection of weapon systems can also be discovered in the open-air areas around the premises. On the 1st floor you can see tributes to Antiquity, the Alexandrian Times, Byzantium, Frankish Rule, Ottoman Domination, the Greek Revolution of 1821, the New Hellenic State, the Balkan Wars, the First World War, the Asia Minor Campaign, the Greek-Italian War, the German Invasion, the Battle of the Forts, and the Battle of Crete. The Mezzanine is dedicated to the action and contribution of the Greeks to the success of the Allied operations against Axis forces during the Second World War. It includes themes for the Sacred Company, El Alamein, Rimini, the action of the Navy and the Air Force. The tribute to World War II ends with the Occupation, Resistance, and the Liberation. These are followed by a tribute to the Greek contribution to the UN mission in Korea and also a special room devoted to the struggles of the Hellenism of Cyprus over the centuries. Finally, the tour ends with the collection of bravery medals. A large collection of uniforms is displayed on the ground floor and in the reception area, while a special room is devoted to the Greek Army officer Petros Z. Saroglos and his rare collection of weapons concerning the Greek Revolution, the European Renaissance and the Napoleonic Wars, as well as weapons from various European countries, the Muslim world, the Far East, and weapons of primitive peoples of Oceania.
Departure Point :War Museum, Vasilisis Sofias Avenue & Rizari 2 The entrance is located at Rizari 2., Athens 106 75 Greece
Departure Time :4/1/2020 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Your Viator voucher is only valid and redeemable for the selected date of booking.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.