Skip the Line: Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum Admission Ticket
The award winning Medieval Museum is the only museum in Europe built over two National monuments, the 13th century Choristers’ Hall and the 15th century Mayor’s Wine Vault. Tours can be taken by re-enactors or using our audio guides, at no extra cost.
Don’t miss the incredible Cloth of Gold vestments which were lost for over 120 years after they were hidden from Cromwell’s army, the Great Charter Roll which was viewed by Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Ireland and the only piece of clothing to survive King Henry VIII’s reign, ‘The Cap of Maintenance’.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum
What's excluded :
- Visit: Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum, Cathedral Square Viking Triangle, Waterford X91 K10E Ireland
The Medieval Museum houses the 13th century Choristers Hall and the 15th century Mayor’s Wine Vault, in the heart of Waterford's Viking Triangle and is the only museum of its kind in Ireland and Europe that is built over two national monuments. This striking new building reveals the story of Waterford through the middle Ages and visitors are wowed as they go underneath the new building into centuries old vaults.
On display are the magnificent Cloth of Gold vestments the only complete pre-reformation set to survive in Europe. It's the only complete set of medieval High Mass Vestments to survive in Northern Europe, which were lost for hundreds of years after they were hidden from Cromwell’s army in the floor of the then Christ Church Cathedral, the only piece of clothing to survive from King Henry VIII’s reign, the ‘Cap of Maintenance’, as well as the Great Charter Roll which was viewed by Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Ireland.
Take the tour with our costumed re-enactor, or use our multimedia handheld guide in English, French or German or just wander at your lesiure throughout the museum.
Departure Point :Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum, Cathedral Square Viking Triangle, Waterford X91 K10E Ireland
Departure Time :1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 11:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 11:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 35 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.