Skip-the-lines Private full-day Ancient Pompeii and Herculaneum Ruins Tour
The Ancient cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, known all around the world because buried and almost destroyed by the Vesuvius eruption dated 79AD, disclose their ancient splendour to the visitors.
In fact, the ashes rain itself has helped to protect and preserve the uniqueness of these two sites. As you will see, despite the fact that they belong to the same historical period, the two archaeological sites do show many differences in the life style and the structure of the city itself.
You will get a full immersion into the Roman lifestyle, while your guide will picture all the aspects of the political, social and religious life of the inhabitants of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
This the perfect tour for all the archeology lovers!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local licensed guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
As everybody knows, the eruption of the 79AD has been fatal to thousands of people living in the areas of Pompeii and Herculaneum, two of the most ancient Roman cities, whose excavations have allowed archaeologists and anthropologists to actually get a large spectrum range of knowledge of the behaviours and the habits of the time.
In this comparative journey, your guide will highlight the particular character and the uniqueness of each city, picturing the past and making it coming back to life.
In Pompeii you will be shown the magnificence of the amphitheatre acoustics, walk onto the original pavement of the streets, enter into the shops and the ancient fast food restaurants. As well, the setting of the houses and the richness of their frescoes will leave you astonished. Your path will then lead you to the red-light district and the Forum – the main square, where the political, religious, artistic and social aspects of the Roman life used to intertwine.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
On the other side, even though smaller than Pompeii, Herculaneum has been recognised as a wealthier centre of activity and interest. From the private houses to the thermal baths ,the richness of the luxurious frescoes and mosaics shows the special character and style of this small city set on the Vesuvius slopes.
Furthermore, the real peculiarity of the city is the wooden structure of the ceilings, the doors and many other items you can find into the houses – for instance the chairs – that have been literally burned and then preserved by the lava and the ashes: you will see them still standing and in really good conditions.
This amazing walking tour will definitely absorb you into the ancient times lifestyle – a real once in a lifetime experience!
Get ready, and don't forget to bring your camera with you!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Coffee Shop Vittoria, Via Mare, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Ercolano Scavi, 80056 Ercolano, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation to be received within 24h from the booking
- We suggest you to wear comfortable shoes
- The Pompeii and Herculaneum sites can be easily reached by Circumvesuviana Train from both Sorrento and Naples
- You will skip the line and be given immediate access to the sites
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No health restrictions apply to this experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- if you are travelling from abroad, at your arrival in Italy, you might be asked to be tested for the Covid-19. At this point, you will also be recommended to stay in at your accommodation until the test results will be delivered to you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.