Skip-the-lines private tour of Ancient Herculaneum and Volcano Vesuvius with local guide and driver
This full day tour includes a visit to the ruins of the Ancient city of Herculaneum - a city that has been covered and buried by the lava and ashes rain during the Vesuvius eruption of the 79AD - and a walk into the National park of the Vesuvius, that will bring you up to the crater.
The tour of the excavations will be led by a fully licensed top-rated archaeologist that knows every corner of the area. You will then walk up to the Vesuvius crater with an expert geologist that will show you the phenomena of the volcano activity, its nature and spectacular views over the bay of Naples.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
Enter the National Park of the Vesuvius and follow your guide in an amazing climbing up to the Volcano crater. The view from the Vesuvius top will leave you breathless.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
The small city of Herculaneum will surely enchant you!
Compared to Pompeii, this archaeological site is smaller but not less enchanting.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you are travelling by train, please, provide us the arrival time of your train at the Napoli Centrale train station. Your driver will pick you up at the arrival platform.Airports
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
- Port Authority of Naples, Piazzale Molo Carlo Pisacane, 1, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation to be received at the time of the booking
- Wear comfortable shoes for the climbing and walking tour
- Kids seat available on request
- During the fall/winter season the National Park of the Vesuvius will close earlier, it could then happen to walk up to the Mt. Vesuvius first and visit Pompeii after.
- In case of rain the National Park of the Vesuvius will be closed. In that case the driver will suggest you a different itinerary.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No health restrictions apply to this experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- If you are travelling from abroad, at your arrival in Italy, you might be asked to be tested for the Covid-19. At this point, you will also be recommended to stay in at your accommodation until the test results will be delivered to you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.